Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14961 - 14980 of 14980 Posts

Β·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Finally got my mirror covers I ordered back in March. Looks good :).

One of the clips were broken on shipping. Big thanks to @TooGqForYou for his youtube tutorial! only managed to break one tab getting the OEM covers off.
View attachment 106733
looks great, glad the vid helped.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🀫
586 Posts

Β·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT Γ— 2
5,100 Posts
Made a new tune for the VT after doing some maintenance on the car. It was making good power until I heard a loud pop! For reference I cap most tunes on 93 to 240% load with around 14-15.5Β° ignition timing and they'll make around 240-250 whp. I'd say this was making 270+ no problem on E85 and VP M1! :)

Β·
Registered
586 Posts
Made a new tune for the VT after doing some maintenance on the car. It was making good power until I heard a loud pop! For reference I cap most tunes on 93 to 240% load with around 14-15.5Β° ignition timing and they'll make around 240-250 whp. I'd say this was making 270+ no problem on E85 and VP M1! :)

View attachment 106737
All this on the stock turbo gives me hope at the stick level.
Nice numbers for sure until the cold pipe popped. 😳😁

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Fixed the carnage from yesterday when I broke the cold pipe in half!

Β·
Registered
586 Posts
So you're using plastic tubing and push connects for your methanol setup I see.
How do they handle the low pressure setup like that and any problems with leakage?

It's off topic but I ask because in my paintball world we deal with 4500psi air lines similar to what you have on your methanol setup so I was curious how they work with the lower pressure.
πŸ‘

That's also a 3D printed cold pipe by the look of it. Is it abs material or polypropylene?
Again curious as to what I'm seeing. πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
No leaking from the water/meth kit. These are by no means 4500 psi lines.

Nylon 3D printed cold pipe. It apparently can't take the abuse my car throws at it so have to improve things! :)

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
In the next few days will be test fitting the huge oem location intercooler for the Gen 1 VT. Teaser at general tank design for this intercooler.....

Inlet tank

Outlet tank

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Test fit #1 success! Now to revise the tank design some for better fit and flow!

Seriously, those that want in on these Huge OEM location intercooler kits for the Gen 1 Veloster Turbo to make the most power per psi boost need to let me know ASAP! Looking to produce the first batch in July!

Β·
Registered
586 Posts
So this would work for the manual transmission cars as well as the auto/ dct?
I know the auto trannies are physically bigger than the manual so what's your take on this for the manual trannies?

What about custom applications such as my situation with the Accent? I know I'll be looking at some fabrication to make this work but still looks feasible.

Also for those interested in this will there be a down payment or how's this going to work with getting this going?

Thanks.

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Yes going to work with all transmissions gen 1 VT and possibly kia forte as well depending on test fit. The auto is the tightest fit by far.

Custom is doable but cost will be higher.

Going to announce how payment will work hopefully within the next week or two. I have a lot to do on my end yet. This is not a simple undertaking to make parts designed to only know what 1st place is. :)

Β·
Registered
586 Posts
Well after a lot of thought and processing about the wheels I have on the Accent I made a decision.
I absolutely love my Konig wheels as they're a rare wheel to see on any car out there but the 15" sizing wasn't doing it for me so I bought these. 😁😍
FF418C71-526E-442C-BEB3-2AFB999C4FAC.png

EBD741B4-A3F0-43DF-8797-637EBEF3231E.png

These were the only wheels I found that matched everything I was looking for in a 16X7 wheel.
The 42 offset is almost identical to the fitment the kinigs give and the weight is identical to the Konigs at 14lbs.
I couldn't afford anything forged and the Enkei's were lighter but man are they the mainstream wheels people buy and I'm not mainstream. πŸ˜œπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Red because it's not mainstream and keeps the theme of the car and these wheels are strong enough for track days all day long. 😎

Here's the tires coming with the wheels.
B2D793D1-4B55-4E98-A42D-317D12DF8F12.png

These are lighter by 2lbs than the Yokohama's I'm running now and still UHP Summer rated for exceptional handling.
TPSM's will be used as I had no choice when purchasing but on the bright side no more dash light. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

0% interest for 6 months same as cash through Affirm and yes I still have a few πŸ’΅ left to keep @trdtoy happy for some parts coming through the chain. 😁😍

Happy birthday to me albeit early and I can't wait to try out the new shoes for the car. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
I would have went 15" or 17" due to better tire selection but hey do what you need to do to leave me some $ for a pack of Ramen noodles! I prefer you just not bought this stuff so I can eat steak but.......... :)

Β·
Registered
586 Posts
I would have went 15" or 17" due to better tire selection but hey do what you need to do to leave me some $ for a pack of Ramen noodles! I prefer you just not bought this stuff so I can eat steak but.......... :)
17 would've been too big and brings the weight up which is what I was trying to get was a good weight for the desired wheel. πŸ˜‰ πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
I already have 15's and wanted to go to 16 which is what I did and after much looking I found not only a good looking wheel within my budget but met all the requirements I wanted. 😁
Tire selection wasn't an issue as I knew what I was looking for and took the time to read specs, weights, and how well they would serve my need.
As little as I drive the car I'm really not worried about wearing out tires even if they're high performance tires.

But yeah you'll get your steak soon enough. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
When I come up there sometime in the future I'll be sure to buy you and the family some nice steaks for a cookout like I do with my family. πŸ€™
Ramen noodles were my main diet when I financed and took my paintball team playing tournaments.
You can live that way for a while if needed but don't worry as you're doing great doing what you're doing for the community.
πŸ₯© for everyone. 😜🀀🀀

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Next mod needs to be tire covers so they do not dry rot! :)

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Who's ready to see what a Veloster Turbo can really do with good mods and tuning?

Stay posted for details of a new stuffed turbo from Qwik Tyme Performance and other go fast parts! :)

Β·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
141 Posts
What's the difference between the blue and red tags on the turbos? I've seen both

Β·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Some just came with different tags from the oem.

Β·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
79 Posts
Unreasonably excited about the improvement over the OEM hatch support struts that these offer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QMN0QRQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Granted I'm still running the OEM spoiler, we'll see if they still work as well with an aftermarket wing, but as it is they're great... open the hatch about 4" and it opens itself the rest of the way without issue, and doesn't require any appreciable extra force to close.

14961 - 14980 of 14980 Posts