Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15001 - 15015 of 15015 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
Had success with the customer VT on the 2.28 mile Roval at Charlotte motor speedway! Two 30 minute sessions and two 20 minute sessions!

Car is FBO with 845 FMIC and has been on a ~220 whp 93E10 tune since February. He added cooling for the oil, ATF, and engine, water/meth, and converted to E85. Added no power commands to the tune just fuel and timing adjustments for the E85 only.

Based on the datalogs the car did not lose power due to ignition timing during a session like on 93E10 and the water/meth kept power way up due to the IAT cooling to help with that air density and air mass to make the power.

He's going to dyno the car and I want to see how it does for more than those 4 sessions as-is before I change the tune much in it. To be maintaining full power (240+ whp estimate)for 20-30 minutes with no issues on the oem engine and turbo is saying a lot.

Here is the IAT(blue) vs Ambient air temperature(orange) for sessions 2-5 playing with water/meth controller settings. One session no water/meth was used at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Finished installing a downpipe with elbow on my 2016.. using jack stands in my garage. 55k miles and didn’t break a stud.
Now that is something to celebrate!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
205 Posts
Oof, Hope you're alright!

Reactions: Lephoenix

·
Registered
272 Posts
Said goodbye to my first car and best friend today. Insurance isn't gonna touch this.
Hoping thats doesn't mean you lost a human best friend too.

I remember when I lost my first car. Followed some not great advice about prep for a new set of cams and... boom.
The suck is real. Sorry for your lose.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
FBO 13 auto VT running E85 and 50% VP M1 mix in the water/methanol injection kit making a lap around the ROVAL at Charlotte Motor Speedway!

Datalogs, plugs, oil, etc all looked great after 5 sessions on the track and some street driving!

Happy with the Qwik Tyme Performance tunes thus far!

Here is the link to Mark Brandon Reed fastest lap!

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
the phone and shift light are in the worst place they could be, lol also i'm surprised they let him run with the visor up.

i put my phone top right side, and set the BT it so it will tell my lap times over the speakers using harry's lap timer.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
the phone and shift light are in the worst place they could be, lol also i'm surprised they let him run with the visor up.

i put my phone top right side, and set the BT it so it will tell my lap times over the speakers using harry's lap timer.
Phone is not in his way from what he says. No shift light in the car as it's an auto. That is a GPS app that connects to phone and gets lap times, g force, and helps maintain proper race line on any track in real time. Visor up/down does not matter just proper approved helmet. He may have had glare from the visor not sure. This was a day/night event 1-10 PM.

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
i cant imagine moving my eyes back and forth across the windshield with that stuff in my FOV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hoping thats doesn't mean you lost a human best friend too.

I remember when I lost my first car. Followed some not great advice about prep for a new set of cams and... boom.
The suck is real. Sorry for your lose.
I was the only one in the car. Didn't really hit anything hard enough to harm me. No airbags deployed, but I hit the embankment hard enough to destroy the underside of the car.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
i cant imagine moving my eyes back and forth across the windshield with that stuff in my FOV.
Yes if it were me I'd have the phone somewhere else as well to glance at my time and not block or distract from the FOV. And the other unit in front of me to see how close to the optimal race line I am at any time without having to take my eyes off the action. But it seems to work good for him as he's an intermediate-advanced driver.

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
that blinky thing shows the race line? must be subscription based i wonder what the app is.

i made up my video, lol

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Yes between the phone and the light bar it can show and datalog real time speed, g force, lap times, and % efficient on/off brakes/acceleration and the quickest race line. Pretty damn cool. I forget what it is but not cheap.

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
much more expensive than that $14 one I have been using for the last decade, lol

Reactions: misnblu
15001 - 15015 of 15015 Posts