Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15061 - 15080 of 15093 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
691 Posts
Good luck and drive safe.
I'm hoping to hook up the laptop and datalog when I run.
I'll be doing some preliminary work with the stuff I bought to do this and I'll let you know if and how it works.
I may also have to give you a call if need be if that'll be alright if there's any hiccups in doing this.

We have Cruzn the Coast here this week with 9300 hot rods, classics, and any kind of car here on the Coast this week. The strip should have a ton of racers there tonight so hopefully I get at least 3 runs in.
If I'm consistent enough in my et I may bracket race at 2100 tonight. Would be nice if a slow a$$ KDM car could win amongst a bunch of hot rods. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️🤞
We'll see how it goes.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,551 Posts
Are those ports for wmi AND fuel?
Direct port Water/methanol injection and/or direct port dry/wet Nitrous oxide. Have designed for port fueling as well for 4 injectors. Just looking out for myself and the others that want to make 500+ whp at some point without issues! :)

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
Ok, more teasing.....

Just got the first two stuffed turbos for the gen 1 Veloster Turbo back from the machine shop for some port work to help flow even more than these beautiful Pure turbo wheels will already do! You can see in the pics the area in red is where the units were ported to allow for more flow. I'm expecting these to be the most power capable stock frame turbo available and they're made to work best with a full 3" downpipe and exhaust.

One is going to a FBO 16 manual Veloster Turbo on E85 that needs it bad to increase the 266/293 numbers that car is making now on the oem turbo! The other one is staying local for testing on a car.

I'm offering these for $1750 + shipping with use of the oem wastegate actuator and $1950 + shipping with the forge wastegate actuator. Working on price for one with an external wastegate.

Check em out Qwik Tyme Performance on FB and @qwiktymeperformance on IG.

Can't post pics here now for some reason.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ok, more teasing.....

Just got the first two stuffed turbos for the gen 1 Veloster Turbo back from the machine shop for some port work to help flow even more than these beautiful Pure turbo wheels will already do! You can see in the pics the area in red is where the units were ported to allow for more flow. I'm expecting these to be the most power capable stock frame turbo available and they're made to work best with a full 3" downpipe and exhaust.

One is going to a FBO 16 manual Veloster Turbo on E85 that needs it bad to increase the 266/293 numbers that car is making now on the oem turbo! The other one is staying local for testing on a car.

I'm offering these for $1750 + shipping with use of the oem wastegate actuator and $1950 + shipping with the forge wastegate actuator. Working on price for one with an external wastegate.

Check em out Qwik Tyme Performance on FB and @qwiktymeperformance on IG.

Can't post pics here now for some reason.....
Hope you have these this time next year as I want one. 🤞🙏🏽
Had to get secondary transportation as a failed slave cylinder left me stranded. 😟
Got that fixed and new wheels for a back up. 😍🤷🏼‍♂️

Major diet for the wallet so time to feed it again and get back to car stuff next year.
Save me one of those stuffed turdbo's and I'll be your best friend. 😂😉👍

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
I can get em made no problem

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
91 Posts
Finally wore down the 215/40 "Achilles" tires that were on my girl when I bought her far enough to justify a set of proper tires. Maybe it's just me, but a tire brand named for a dude whose only weakness was HIS FEET seems like a really poor choice of branding 🤔

Put on BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus in 235/40 and am extremely happy with the grip in both wet and dry conditions, not to mention filling in my wheel wells a bit better plus an improved ride due to the increased sidewall. They're certainly chunkier than I need here in SoCal, but I like the look and the grip is just phenomenal... Took her out on some hard twisties yesterday and couldn't break them loose, though I've now positively established a need for more chassis bracing. One step at a time...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
nice!

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
Lol! Get a scooter!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Lol! Get a scooter!
@SkyShadex You want to shoot him or me? 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Umm no scooter pooter for me. I own an Accent. 'Nuff said. 🤪😉
About to be me, lol another turbo failure.
Shopping a 500r atm to hold me over :D
Nice move. I didn't have room for another car so another bike works as the one I bought last year is still being rebuilt. My desire to ride was overwhelming so you see the results.

Good luck on the ride and let us know what you finally decide on. 👍

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
want to buy the buell blast? it's like a scooter haha seriously i need to sell it to get a buell ulysses so my wife can ride with me.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
got a black stone kit.

Font Material property Gas Road surface Flooring

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive design

and a buell photo from this morning.We aren’t huge fans of cold weather riding however it was 70 today.
Water Sky Wheel Plant Cloud

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Got to run the car at Gulfport Dragway and made the first round of bracket racing until a well seasoned C10 hot rod truck took me out in the second round.
Ran a best of 17.4 in the 1/4 mile which I'm happy about. Ran it 3 times out of 12 times down the track.
The track was so sticky that I bogged the car multiple times until I figured out how to better launch the car. Stick isn't easy on the 1320.
I was the only KDM there with all hot rods running but had a blast being back on the track.
I was also the slowest. 😂😉🤷🏼‍♂️
I'll post up time slips sometime tomorrow as it's quite late.

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
Post pics but not videos as they sound to be so long it may bog the forum down as well! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
not bad! granny shifting not double clutching like you should!

Reactions: misnblu
15061 - 15080 of 15093 Posts