Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15081 - 15100 of 15133 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
recently purchased my son a 2013 veloster turbo. It had a blown engine. Very little knowledge of what occurred but it had a hole in it. I purchased a replacement engine out of a 2017 accent. Thought it was the same I was and still am ignorant to the internal differences. What do I need to swap out internally to make it work

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,668 Posts
You need the proper engine. 15-17 VT engine with low miles. Put head studs in it before installing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Light

Installed a Greddy catback exhaust and a Qwik Tyme hot pipe yesterday. Went for a long drive today to break in the exhaust and was floored! I've always averaged about 32 mpg highway, so seeing an extra 10+ mpg in fuel efficiency was a huge surprise.

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
The greddy should delete a cat on your car and flow much better and the hot pipe will free up a little more air flow. Not worth 10+ mpg though unless maybe the cat was clogged up. Could just be driving style and speed different.

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Gutted a cat on a 14 VT and put in a stage 0 tune with pops n bangs. No worries everything from the cat that got on the car was cleaned off! Car sounded so much better after all of this as it just had a muffler delete. Power so smooth idle so smooth. Customer can't stop smiling which is all that matters.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
319 Posts
Lmao came in under budget so the rest is straight to mods 😂. Helps that getting the turbo fixed isn't costing me anything I think.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'm comfortable enough to take it past the end of the driveway 😂.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
714 Posts
Lmao came in under budget so the rest is straight to mods 😂. Helps that getting the turbo fixed isn't costing me anything I think.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'm comfortable enough to take it past the end of the driveway 😂.
😂 First motorcycle?
When I got my first bike, a KZ400, I went a few times in the parking lot for practice, and went immediately to one of the busiest downtown streets afterwards. 😳
The rest is history and learned completely on my own with never an accident or fall over.
I take a MSF riders course in March this year after not riding die 25+ years and I low side pinning my ankle and busting up my knee. 😂🤦‍♂️
It took about 3-4 months for them to fully heal but I do wear proper riding gear which kept things from breaking on the fall.

Such is life of a biker wannabe but what I'm trying to say is get on and ride and don't exceed your limits until your comfortable.
Most of all there's a whole lot more roadway past the drive way. 😉😂🤙

Enjoy the bike man. It's addicting fun even at my old age. 😎

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's a 500r so it's not break neck fast but plenty fast for me right now 😂. I can't imagine going from the driveway to a road right now haha but I guess I'll have alot of laps in the driveway by next weekend anyway. Also not comfortable leaving the driveway without a helmet just yet, waiting on gear to ship. MSF course this weekend. DMV next week. Then I'll be official! And hopefully by then my turbo will be back so I can get the car running again haha.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's a 500r so it's not break neck fast but plenty fast for me right now 😂. I can't imagine going from the driveway to a road right now haha but I guess I'll have alot of laps in the driveway by next weekend anyway. Also not comfortable leaving the driveway without a helmet just yet, waiting on gear to ship. MSF course this weekend. DMV next week. Then I'll be official! And hopefully by then my turbo will be back so I can get the car running again haha.
Yup you're doing it right.
MSF is a must and should be a two day affair if they're teaching you everything they're supposed to.
You'll be much more comfortable after the training but find a parking lot when you're ready to practice some more and get better at slow speed maneuvers.
There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube and learn about the friction zone of the clutch which will help you in slow speed turns and u-turns.

I'm still learning too and when I'm home again I'll be at the huge Cinemax theater parking lot for some practice on all I mentioned above.
Then it's time to get lost on the back roads for a few hours to practice various riding techniques at some speed.

As stated enjoy the ride and the MSF course when you go. Better to drop a bike while taking the course than your own. Just don't hurt yourself like I did. 😂🤞🤙

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well I did end up taking it down my neighborhood street. Fun! I feel alot better about taking the course now! Also got some practice on uphill because there's this stop sign that's even a challenge for the DCT lol. Lot's of low speed maneuvers on my driveway course ;) Turning is waaaay different than I would've expected. But I practiced left turns so much, I realized right turns are the real problem. Turning while pushing, but with your handle on the throttle? oof.

Also slowly learning all the little things that need to be replaced on this thing.

haha fingers crossed!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thought I'd post up the time slips of the Sloccent.
11 runs down the 1320.
Best time was a 17.414.
Best mph at the traps was a 83.69.
Handwriting Font Paper Paper product Document
Handwriting Font Material property Paper Paper product

I averaged all the times and speed to see how she did with 11 runs.
I'll be back but with a snail attached to the motor.😂😉

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Thought I'd post up the time slips of the Sloccent.
11 runs down the 1320.
Best time was a 17.414.
Best mph at the traps was a 83.69.
View attachment 107023 View attachment 107024

I averaged all the times and speed to see how she did with 11 runs.
I'll be back but with a snail attached to the motor.😂😉
That mph is good for a 16.2 so leave the spinning, bogging, granny shifting at the house next time! :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
That mph is good for a 16.2 so leave the spinning, bogging, granny shifting at the house next time! :)
Yes you're right.
The mph is 4mph slower than my Z24 drag car on the mph and the Z was running consistent 15.6 and 15.7 et's at those speeds.

Bogging at the line was the main issue as the track was very sticky and I had to feather it off the line to gain any consistency. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I even tried a 3k launch to no avail as it bogged to a stop and had to restart the engine .

Im happy with the results and it does show the car is pretty quick for a na Accent. 😁

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Put this local '21 R-Spec on the dyno today to play with the tune some more. He has been beating the 222/261 tune for a while no issues so why not put a tune in it that makes 225/272 then remove the catback to see what that gains! 236/287 for this gen 2 VT on 93E10 with injen SRI, HKS M45XL plugs with .024" gaps, catback removed, and Qwik Tyme Performance stage 1 tune!

15081 - 15100 of 15133 Posts