Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15101 - 15120 of 15133 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
714 Posts
Put this local '21 R-Spec on the dyno today to play with the tune some more. He has been beating the 222/261 tune for a while no issues so why not put a tune in it that makes 225/272 then remove the catback to see what that gains! 236/287 for this gen 2 VT on 93E10 with injen SRI, HKS M45XL plugs with .024" gaps, catback removed, and Qwik Tyme Performance stage 1 tune!
Nice work and some good numbers for the stock turbo etc.
That's what I'll be looking forward to when I get there and safely squeeze out every hour from the stock turbo.
Good work @trdtoy .👍

just got 4 new stickers !
Best mod you can do for a few extra hours for cheap. 😂🤙

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
Oil analysis :

Black Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,668 Posts
Move to a better oil and/or more frequent oil changes since you track the car. How do you collect the sample? What kind of oil plug do you use?

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
I collected the sample through the dipstick tube and a long hose lol. Hyundai oil filter.

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
the plug, you mean the pan bolt? does that mean i have to remove the oil pan? i have not had great luck with sealing pans up afterwards. i was certainly hitting bottom of the pan sucking up the warm oil.

you think i change the oil on this car? hahahahahahahaha i drop it off at the dealer then walk over to the chinese restaurant for a roll and a bowl. i just got it changed this weekend. i have another container so i was going to get another sample around the same mileage. the car doesn't burn any oil either, so that's nice.

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Plug = pan bolt

Yes, remove pan to clean everything and reinstall. This will eliminate that you may be pulling metals from the bottom of the pan. Sample through the dipstick is good especially if the pan is clean and you get the sample just after shutting down the engine.

Be sure using a good oil of heavier weight and not dealer supplied oil.

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
dealer supplied quaker state conventional :)

i will have to wait until spring. the garage is full of firewood now and i will probably not get another oil change until feb/mar at the earliest.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
319 Posts
In today's episode of stupid mistakes. Put the car back together and was on a test drive. I didn't really torque down the hot pipe so when I finally went for it, it popped off.
Took the car home and parked it, said I'll fix it in the morning because it's monsooning right now.

The next day I put the pipe back on and go to test drive... flashing CEL, big misfires everywhere!

Lol because the pipe was off all night in the rain... it filled up with water... I just gave my engine a bath...

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
98 Posts
Finally found well-constructed H11B LEDs that don't require any modification to dust cover or any janky pigtails or conversions... True plug and play. Canadian company, BPS Lighting, 2 year warranty and 2 versions: 1 with 4k lumens per bulb and not DOT approved, one slightly more expensive at 5k lumens per bulb and DOT approved (Canadian DOT, not USDOT); I got the brighter version.
Clean 6500k, matches the halo and accents well, matches my Lasfit SwitchBack fogs on their white setting, clean beam pattern through the projectors, and to my eye about 2.5x the light output of the SilverStar Ultra halogens I had in before. I know a few others who've been running the less expensive ones for over a year now with no issues, so that's promising. No flickering or codes either... So far, highly recommend for anyone who's looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
98 Posts
Very nice led lamps with good spread and cutoff points that cheaper lamps dont give you. 👍😊
I've run exclusively Lasfit in everything for the past decade, and every other position on this car has Lasfit in it but since they don't make H11B I'd almost resigned myself to staying halogen in the low beams, but I'm so far super happy with these in every regard... Wish I'd found out about them a year ago!

Reactions: misnblu

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Tuned a hyundai accent ecu this morning which is basically the same as the gen 1 veloster ecu. Cough cough misnblu cough cough

Installed a water/meth injection kit in a gen 1 VT.

Taking a break now between tuning a few more cars remotely so that I do not screw anything up!

:)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
714 Posts
Tuned a hyundai accent ecu this morning which is basically the same as the gen 1 veloster ecu. Cough cough misnblu cough cough

Installed a water/meth injection kit in a gen 1 VT.

Taking a break now between tuning a few more cars remotely so that I do not screw anything up!

:)
Thanks to QwikTyme and Brent at Xclusive Tuning I finally got my wish and final stage of the build complete.

Once I get home I hope to datalog the car with the tuned ECU and send that info in for a refining of the tune.

I'm stoked for sure.
I get the AC ENT tuned and also bought a piggyback fueler for the Ninja to help with the lean condition from the slip on. Full ECU tune for the bike coming in mid Spring. 🤙 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
This haha

guess I’ll be doing it again tomorrow :)

Automotive tire Wood Gas Flooring Auto part

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
98 Posts
Shawn Versluis of SCGW Canada switched his whole interior from carbon weave to forged carbon and I was fortunate enough to pick up his old, history-laden steering wheel.
I had always thought the OEM leather steering wheel was pretty nice, but this thing feels amazing... A few imperfections, which I expected out of one of the first ever made, but it's still a massive upgrade in both cosmetics as well as driving comfort and grip.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
oh wow that thing is still around, nice!

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
98 Posts
oh wow that thing is still around, nice!
Yup still around and like new! If I'd ordered one new I would have chosen a different center stripe and stitching color, but between the price and the history of this one I just couldn't pass it up!

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
You have an ultra gauge in the same spot as me too.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

Reactions: misnblu and L3g10n
15101 - 15120 of 15133 Posts