Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15141 - 15153 of 15153 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
89 Posts
Put some new plugs in because I got the P0300 and P0303 codes. Im wondering if I have a sick engine. My old plugs only had 12k miles on them. Oddly enough cylinder 3 is the cleanest plug!?
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Cylinder Wood

·
Super Moderator
3,889 Posts
What did you put in for replacement?

looks like perhaps blow by past the seat, we’re the seats clean and plugs torqued properly

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,779 Posts
Put some new plugs in because I got the P0300 and P0303 codes. Im wondering if I have a sick engine. My old plugs only had 12k miles on them. Oddly enough cylinder 3 is the cleanest plug!? View attachment 107176
Hopefully you installed the proper plugs, gap properly, and fix the issue causing the plugs to look like that.

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
89 Posts
Seats looked ok. I totally didn't torque them but felt it out. I will go back and check that with a torque wrench. I had 1422 in there and replaced them with NGK 93655. Gapped them to .028. Appreciate the tips.

·
Administrator
5,779 Posts
Those are heat range 7 which is a little better than the heat range 6 oem plug that came in your car but on the oem tune you'd been better with the heat range 8 oem plug for a 16+ VT. Change out the coils with new oem coils every 50k miles or so as well.

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
89 Posts
Those are heat range 7 which is a little better than the heat range 6 oem plug that came in your car but on the oem tune you'd been better with the heat range 8 oem plug for a 16+ VT. Change out the coils with new oem coils every 50k miles or so as well.
I torqued the plugs to 10lbs with no anti-sieze, is that good? I totally meant to order 16+, looking at my rock receipt I typed in 2015 VT 😣. I last replaced the coils 45k ago so its about that time.

·
Administrator
5,779 Posts
I torqued the plugs to 10lbs with no anti-sieze, is that good? I totally meant to order 16+, looking at my rock receipt I typed in 2015 VT 😣. I last replaced the coils 45k ago so its about that time.
That tq should be good. The heat range 7 came in some of the 14's and in all 15's from the oem. Was heat range 6 in all 13's and some 14's. Since they still had issues in 15 they went to heat range 8 ever since 2016. Be sure the coils are hyundai/kia/mobis oem coils. $200/set of 4 is what they cost directly from south korea.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
102 Posts
SCGW carbon Sequence-style spoiler installed along with PMS front 2-point brace and mid X-brace. Combined with my existing PMS rear torsion bar, PMS upper hatch brace, Uniq Performance strut brace, Koni Sport Yellows, and BFG g-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus 235/40ZR18 XL tires, I think my handling mods are finally complete! Next up brakes and then I can finally move on to some serious performance mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
722 Posts
SCGW carbon Sequence-style spoiler installed along with PMS front 2-point brace and mid X-brace. Combined with my existing PMS rear torsion bar, PMS upper hatch brace, Uniq Performance strut brace, Koni Sport Yellows, and BFG g-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus 235/40ZR18 XL tires, I think my handling mods are finally complete! Next up brakes and then I can finally move on to some serious performance mods.
How are you liking the bracing?
Be aware that the front race hangs low so anything on the road more than 3-4 inches and the brace will feel it. 😳😒

I'd also suggest some subframe collars to finish off the chassis bracing.
On that x-brace if there's a provision on the rear portion for another bolt hole and mount for it on the car you can add another length of bracing to complete the full brace.
I'd post a picture of mine to show you but it's on the other phone but what it entails is closing up the open end of the rear of the brace that will eliminate flex at that end.

I'll post it up later if you'd like.
Lastly it's nice to see someone going this route with their car on the chassis. Most have no clue about chassis bracing and is the fundamental first thing any car builder will do before anything else because if the chassis is a noodle when you're pushing the car or putting down a ton of hp the chassis is crucial.

Keep us up to date and nice build so far. 🙏🤟🙂

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
102 Posts
How are you liking the bracing?
Be aware that the front race hangs low so anything on the road more than 3-4 inches and the brace will feel it. 😳😒

I'd also suggest some subframe collars to finish off the chassis bracing.
On that x-brace if there's a provision on the rear portion for another bolt hole and mount for it on the car you can add another length of bracing to complete the full brace.
I'd post a picture of mine to show you but it's on the other phone but what it entails is closing up the open end of the rear of the brace that will eliminate flex at that end.

I'll post it up later if you'd like.
Lastly it's nice to see someone going this route with their car on the chassis. Most have no clue about chassis bracing and is the fundamental first thing any car builder will do before anything else because if the chassis is a noodle when you're pushing the car or putting down a ton of hp the chassis is crucial.

Keep us up to date and nice build so far. 🙏🤟🙂
Thanks! 🙏
Man, the bracing overall just makes such an unbelievable world of difference, especially with a full-glass roof. I absolutely love having all that glass but the chassis flex is practically as bad as having a convertible! Got her out on the hard twisties today to really push it, and I am super close to being completely satisfied... she sticks to the road like she's on rails! I think you're right, though, I still need the collars. And yes, I think Pierce has a rear 2-point (or maybe it's mid, since rear is the torsion bar and the inner hatch brace) that closes the back of the x-brace... I'll look into it for sure.

...and agreed, as a kid I was taught that you do handling first, then braking, then add power. Make it stick, make it stop, then make it go faster. Super logical, but as a rule it does seem that everyone wants to jump straight to power and skip over the "boring" stuff... me, hell, I'm so happy with how she handles now that I'm actually in less of a hurry to make her go faster, if that makes sense :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks! 🙏
Man, the bracing overall just makes such an unbelievable world of difference, especially with a full-glass roof. I absolutely love having all that glass but the chassis flex is practically as bad as having a convertible! Got her out on the hard twisties today to really push it, and I am super close to being completely satisfied... she sticks to the road like she's on rails! I think you're right, though, I still need the collars. And yes, I think Pierce has a rear 2-point (or maybe it's mid, since rear is the torsion bar and the inner hatch brace) that closes the back of the x-brace... I'll look into it for sure.

...and agreed, as a kid I was taught that you do handling first, then braking, then add power. Make it stick, make it stop, then make it go faster. Super logical, but as a rule it does seem that everyone wants to jump straight to power and skip over the "boring" stuff... me, hell, I'm so happy with how she handles now that I'm actually in less of a hurry to make her go faster, if that makes sense :)
😂😊
This is a happy lad. 😎
I completely agree with the above.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here is what I was referring to on the x-brace modification.
Triangle Bicycle part Wood Automotive exterior Composite material
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle fork
Flash photography Gas Tints and shades Font Automotive exterior

You can see how this would complete the brace and add a degree of stiffness by closing off the rear of the brace.
I know that Eli Villa or Evilla collaborates with Pierce and a couple of other KDM tuners with his parts but your brace may not have that second eye on the tail of the brace to do this mod.

I took an adjustable rod I'd used on the Z24 for a rear torsion bar, modified the ends, and made it fit perfectly.
RodEndSupply is the company that makes the rod and ends and has been a go to for fabbing up various bracing on my Z when I had a brain storm.
They all worked brilliantly and the car drive like it was on rails.

Anyway keep at it and I'm enjoying your updates for sure. 🤙😁

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
102 Posts
Here is what I was referring to on the x-brace modification.
View attachment 107211 View attachment 107212 View attachment 107213

You can see how this would complete the brace and add a degree of stiffness by closing off the rear of the brace.
I know that Eli Villa or Evilla collaborates with Pierce and a couple of other KDM tuners with his parts but your brace may not have that second eye on the tail of the brace to do this mod.

I took an adjustable rod I'd used on the Z24 for a rear torsion bar, modified the ends, and made it fit perfectly.
RodEndSupply is the company that makes the rod and ends and has been a go to for fabbing up various bracing on my Z when I had a brain storm.
They all worked brilliantly and the car drive like it was on rails.

Anyway keep at it and I'm enjoying your updates for sure. 🤙😁
Aw man... No, mine does not have that plate with the second eye in it :( I'm sure a rod across those two bolts would still help, though, if it comes to it. I'll do collars first and see how I feel about it then...

Reactions: misnblu
15141 - 15153 of 15153 Posts