Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15201 - 15220 of 15267 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
391 Posts
TCU got locked in the "sorry we missed you" delivery death loop today :)...

So I guess I won't be driving until monday unless they send it to the store for pick up tomorrow >__>

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
391 Posts
I was ready to make a video and everything too.

If I can get it today that would be great because I have another goodie to throw on. Plus I can drive sooner. But if I have to wait until Monday, I'll have the 3rd piece of the puzzle at least.

Fingers crossed either way.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,158 Posts
Haha ikr!

TCU, JB4, Downpipe from here (since manny's plans changed).

JB4 will eventually replace the aem controller for meth. Solve the 2D controller problem.
TCU :) SXTH? N75?

JB4 just for WMI control? Then you can only start spray in boost rather than vacuum meaning higher IAT and less power. If you want a tunable 3D controller for WMI just ask. :)

DP :)

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
94 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Hand painted the calipers yellow. Took 4 coats. 2 hours apart 😬. Took a lot longer than I thought.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
130 Posts
Dropped in a TTR solid side mount over the weekend, and while I'm a really big fan of the improved behavior on launch -and to some extent in all conditions- I really thought I was psychologically prepared for the NVH but HOLY HELL I was not prepared, not prepared at all :oops:
Is anyone else running one of these to tell me whether it'll eventually break in a bit like the lower inserts do, or does it stay this intense forever?
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

-unrelated- also finally tore apart my console to get at the "handles" to establish a permanent mounting position for my BearTracker 885... I've had the thing awkwardly wedged into my console armrest for 3 months, figured it was finally time to give it a home :p
Hood Light Automotive design Blue Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
The NVH will always be there. This is something that has ben mentioned many times on here and in FB groups. The upper mount is mostly for race cars not street cars. And almost pointless in a way as there is no mount made for the other side.

Love that mount location. Already seen it when you posted on other social media.

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
130 Posts
The NVH will always be there. This is something that has ben mentioned many times on here and in FB groups. The upper mount is mostly for race cars not street cars. And almost pointless in a way as there is no mount made for the other side.
Yeahhhh nuts this was one of those things that I definitely read about before going for it, but the concept I formed in my mind about the experience of it definitely did not come close to the reality 😂 There really is a markedly noticeable improvement in the feel of the car and I love that, but goddamn there is a certain profundity to the NVH that is quite intolerable for daily use. Well poop, some lessons I just have to learn for myself, so it goes- I'll give it another few days but it's probably coming right back out this weekend.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
170 Posts
Oh boy, parts are coming in droves this week! Getting ready for a track day at Road Atlanta on the thirteenth, so needed a few supporting mods:
  • Pierce catted downpipe
  • DGR coilovers
  • Evilla rear torsion bar
  • swaybar endlinks
  • caster adjustment bushings
  • Low pressure fuel line from Tork
  • New front wheel hubs/bearings
  • Various slippery fluids

Hoping that this will go better than last year. Ended up losing boost pressure on the back straight every lap because of an overheating OEM BOV solenoid, and my camber was set to exactly OEM spec at about half a degree negative. Going through turn 12 with almost 0 camber is beyond sketchy. With all of the handling mods and reliability mods, I should be able to go all day this time, and actually post a fast lap.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,032 Posts
looking forward to the video!

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Local 2021 Veloster R-Spec back after an AEM V3 water/meth injection kit install to datalog and touch up the tuning. This car made 237/287 on the 93E10 pump gas tune. Will see what it does soon with the water/meth injection kit spraying!

Today we were seeing IAT consistently in the 30's and 40's during pulls with ambient right at 80°F! It did get as low as 23°F! :)

Mods: SRI, TB spacer, AEM V3 WMI kit, HKS M45XL plugs with .024" gaps, gutted second cat, muffler delete, Qwik Tyme Performance 93E10 tune.

Font Technology Screenshot Terrestrial plant Darkness

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking good! Those IAT's are mind boggling. Is that normal with WMI? Regardless, it's good to see more VT's outputting the power we all know they can make

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Looking good! Those IAT's are mind boggling. Is that normal with WMI? Regardless, it's good to see more VT's outputting the power we all know they can make
Normal is a relative term. This is normal for when I setup kits but not normal when others do the setup. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's exciting. Do you have spare ECU's on hand, or did the customer provide one?

·
Registered
'20 Turbo R-Spec, Sunset Orange, mild mods
7 Posts
Hmmmm? Those pics look vaguely familiar. Ha ha!

I can hardly wait to get it & plug it in.

I'll be in touch very soon about one [of two] last bolt-on(s).

Reactions: The_Essentials
15201 - 15220 of 15267 Posts