Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15221 - 15240 of 15267 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,032 Posts
Todays fun. Ebrake is bad and I needed new pads anyways. Thought I would tackle the unseized side first guess again.

Automotive tire Finger Bicycle part Rim Auto part

Brown Gas Rectangle Artifact Road surface

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
170 Posts
Good work! I've been meaning to get some new rear calipers for mine, but I always forget about it until it's time to change the pads

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
160 Posts
I put back my 17 wheels, which I don't like anymore
. I like my 18s better, but the tires on it are completely worn and noisy and even in a light rain it feels like ice skating.
I'm looking to buy 18" tires but I don't want 225s, I just want something with a bit more sidewall and wider. 255/40s? 255/35s? 245/whatever? I don't know, I'm at stock height with+40 offset.
The car is at 112k almost, nearly all stock beside a fuel line , and a few months old HKS plugs. These plugs has to be the best plugs for this car, even better than the OEM NGKs. I already had all sorts of mods on this car, from lowered springs to CAI and various blowoff valves and they all came off at one point.
I have a catback exhaust sitting in the garage that I have been putting off for a year to install, because it needs some cutting. My health wasn't so great last year, so the car spent more time parked than on the road.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I believe 245/40/r18 is the maximum on stock wheels without rubbing IIRC. Here's hoping you find the energy to install that exhaust. I've been in the same boat with my downpipe since my current one is so rusted the bolts have turned into studs.I'll find the gumption to pry it apart one day, but it's not today.

Reactions: theunderdog

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
Good work! I've been meaning to get some new rear calipers for mine, but I always forget about it until it's time to change the pads
I had to replace the other side too as it leaked the same when i spun the piston in. when i re-assembled that caliper previously i forgot a spacer between the lever and cable bracket. so it was pretty much not in use ever lol. i have since been able to figure out how to get everything back together without removing the bracket and lever on the side of the caliper.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe 245/40/r18 is the maximum on stock wheels without rubbing IIRC. Here's hoping you find the energy to install that exhaust. I've been in the same boat with my downpipe since my current one is so rusted the bolts have turned into studs.I'll find the gumption to pry it apart one day, but it's not today.
I'm getting a leak by the downpipe connection to the Cat. it's the pipe gasket is gone. First discovered about a year ago, when every time I would warm up the car and then sit in 5 min later, I can smell the exhaust fumes inside the car. Not bad, but enough to notice. Then the blackened pipe and surrounding, so I bought a whole cat back that I always wanted to, but it's a no-name exhaust with no muffler and the pipe pieces are cut to longer, so each piece needs to be trimmed down and I'm planning to weld it together, except 2 locations. I have all the tools, but after 8 cars in my life and each eventually having its exhaust pipes replaced completely or pieces replaced and welding, it's definitely not my favorite thing to do.
The wheels are not OEM, it's those Focal 55 series, it's +40 offset so it pokes a bit. The tire calculator shows that theoretically the 255s would fit, but I'm trying to stay on the safe side, because I don't know about how it effects the turning radius.
Plus I may put on lowering springs again. The car visually bothers me. 😆 after watching too many videos of the new Toyota GR86.

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
GR Yaris > GR86, lol

Reactions: L3g10n and Roadster

·
Registered
170 Posts
The veloster does look better with about an inch taken off the stock ride height. I've used 225/40/r18's on this car since I've had it, and done a few track days with them as well. Haven't really noticed a lack of grip or compliance

·
Registered
170 Posts
GR Yaris > GR86, lol
Fax, but also not in america. We get the GR corolla, which is like the yaris but heavier, longer, and with two extra doors.

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
toyota is dead to me now....

all the BS but none of the hot hatches. its the stuff we crave!

·
Registered
170 Posts
"Hey, we strapped a giant turbo to a three cylinder engine so we can compete in WRC".
"Oh, sweet! could you strap one to the GT86?"
"Lol, no."

• Haha
Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm thinking of a new car in a year or 2.
I don't want a family commuter, I already got one of those. Something that is quick in the corners and agile. Elantra N? Kia K5? GTI?
Ariel Atom

·
Registered
170 Posts
But in all seriousness, The golf R, Veloster N, and the GR corolla are going to be the best hot hatches to buy. The Kia Stinger has some great handling characteristics, and the GT86 is just really, really planted (and moddable)

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
probably an NC or ND in our future.

Ecoregion Vertebrate Natural environment Poster Font

·
Registered
170 Posts
I will buy a 1995 buick lesabre and put track rubber on it. It won't be fast. It probably won't handle well. but I'll be the only guy on the track with a 1995 buick lesabre with a GT wing on the back of it

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
we have a sweet lincoln mark8 out there doing AX... got a locker and 200s ;)

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
94 Posts
I'm thinking of a new car in a year or 2.
I don't want a family commuter, I already got one of those. Something that is quick in the corners and agile. Elantra N? Kia K5? GTI?
I consider those fun family haulers.

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
GTI is way too much money. Coming from someone who has mainted a 2013 Jetta 2.5 over the past 5 years at the opposite end of the spectrum. And another one before it that the body wasn’t going to last as long as the engine. Turbos are bad! Lots of extra maintenance. These cars literally need fluids and filters only. The 2013 still runs and looks new-ish at 100k. I have to mention it’s super satisfying closing the doors on that German hunk vs my Veloster. A nice solid CHUNK no rattles or tin can feelings.

would love to find a rabbit 2.5 base model with a 5 speed to gut and cage. Would be bulletproof!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Take the driveline from a civic type R and mount it in the rear of a miata. RR miata gang.

15221 - 15240 of 15267 Posts