Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15241 - 15260 of 15267 Posts

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
130 Posts
I will buy a 1995 buick lesabre and put track rubber on it. It won't be fast. It probably won't handle well. but I'll be the only guy on the track with a 1995 buick lesabre with a GT wing on the back of it
That will actually work surprisingly well for you... I had this old girl back in like '06, I think, absolutely loved her tbh
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
170 Posts
Riding in style.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Okay, so hear me out: Chop the lower control arms to give it that shopping cart steering angle, but maintain it as a FWD car for autocross. The cast iron block will be so heavy the rear end can just pivot around it. if you give it enough positive rear toe, the whole thing will handle like a forklift. That, plus the decent quality internals of the engine means that you can probably put a giant blower on the motor without blowing anything. 400HP FWD autocross beast accomplished

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,032 Posts
just needs a working diff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
38 Posts
Flashed to Stage 1 last night from Tork - Today I drive!!! :love:

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
130 Posts
Finally got time and space to install my EBC GD black slotted/dimpled rotors and Yellowstuff pads to all 4 corners this weekend... man I wish the black coating would stay, they looked amazing before I drove anywhere, but even still it's nice having it on all the non-wear areas to hopefully keep the ocean air from rusting them too badly. Absolutely phenomenal performance from this setup, of course. Still need to do braided brake and clutch lines and do a thorough bleed all the way around, but that'll wait until my wheels get here since I'll have her back up on stands then... was a bit too tired after fighting the OEM brakes off to get into swapping the lines and bleeding on Saturday.

As a side note, if anyone wasn't aware that permanent-mount frame rail jack adapters were a thing, they are a thing... and they are incredibly awesome to have. I got these from phase2motortrend.com and they proved worth their weight in gold (not that they weigh much). Incredibly nice to be able to just use my regular floor jack, raise the vehicle, and slide a jackstand into place without dicking around with finding the right spot on the pinch welds.

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Locking hubs Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Bumper Gas Automotive design Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Changed oil, trickled charged, started car, raised to temp. turned off put cover back on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Incognito

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,158 Posts
Dyno VT2 this morning that did not go well. WMI kit decided to fail on the dyno and leak. So instead of risking fire had to call it a day. Car made 213-222 whp on the dyno with IAT in the mid 90's. It made 225 back in October on the same setup in 20-30°F colder air.

Setup new dyno day for that car on 5/21 after we fix the WMI leak.

Did manage to test fit and run drag radials on that car since it spins the street tires in 1st and 2nd. Barely a chirp on the drag radials!

Tuned 2 other VT today so far.....

Check out this guys VT2 on IG @spdermanvt2 and @qwiktymeperformance and FB on Qwik Tyme Performance page.

Rectangle Product Slope Font Plot

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
I talked to some people regarding ECU flashing.
So, in a summary, a '13 turbo veloster should not be flashed, unless I hire a tow truck guy to follow me everywhere?
Many people think this but do not realize that issues with the early cars were mostly due to crap oem tune, crap parts on the car, crap maintenance, and people using 87 octane fuel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So Cal GW came through !!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
130 Posts
Busy weekend, installed new-to-me custom black-internal KDM-spec headlight assemblies with Morimoto retrofit HID projectors and Morimoto 35w HID low beams (kept my Lasfit H7 high/DRL and turn signals) along with a SCGW carbon fiber engine cover and finally the quick release kit that I've had for well over a year now; went ahead and replaced the OEM BPV with a new one while I had the bumper off, and plugged the valve-side of the BPV hose rather than capping the intake like I've had it for the past year and a half; sounds far better this way and also looks more legit than a cap on the intake.
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
170 Posts
lookin real good! I love your OCC setup, where did you get those brackets?

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Tuned a few V and VT's, playing with E fuels, playing with gen 2 VT redline, and getting pic from member here supporting some of the best in the KDM community!
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Number

Textile Rectangle Handwriting Font Tartan

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Technology

Font Screenshot Plant Technology Electronic device

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Black

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
15 Posts
Mounted my mishimoto OCC to only realize the barb fittings were 1/2" and I'm needing 3/8" so now I'm waiting for those to arrive which explains why it's not fully hooked up yet.

On the other hand, my DC Sports carbon steel upper strut bar came in today so decided to install it. It was definitely a pain in the ass because you have to remove the windshield wipers and cowl cover to screw in the back two bolts but nonetheless, I like it. I had a megan racing one on my NAV but sold it and got this one to put on my VT.

Before:
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

After:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

15241 - 15260 of 15267 Posts