Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15261 - 15280 of 15293 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,258 Posts
Tuned 3 VT ECU with one of which was in a car! Hahaha!

Been having issues making higher idle in the Gen 2 VT in all modes and gear positions stationary and in motion and having the AC work properly and sorted ALL of that out!

Figured out changing redline for Gen 2 VT.

Figured out changing 2 step rpm in Gen 2 VT.

Figured out tuning for E fuels up to E40 so far in the Gen 2 VT.

Went through inventory and found parts I did not realize I still had.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
204 Posts
that looks really clean. I like the washers on the headlight and bumper bolts

Reactions: mobbdeep

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
that looks really clean. I like the washers on the headlight and bumper bolts
i had stuff like that in my car but the coating flaked off after a winter. could have been i bought cheap ones lol

Reactions: mobbdeep

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Ran a 2021 R-Spec on dyno yesterday on E30 with good results.

Have all the details and video on FB Qwik Tyme Performance or IG @qwiktymeperformance

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Had a Gen 1 Veloster Turbo Rally drive 2+ hours to finish a WMI kit install and tune touch up! Car seeing 21-22 psi max and ~18 psi at 7k rpm redline. Per the datalog the car was making 240-245 whp area and 280+ wtq on a 50% methanol mix and the 250 cc nozzle with ambient of 86°F and the DA sucked! On a dynojet this would be 250-255+ whp STD corrected. Not bad for a car that is not FBO!

Kinda wanted these two to run each other today since they make similar power but I knew the winner would have the Qwik Tyme Performance tune in it either way so..... ;-)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
Borla Touring catback moved from the "future plans" list to the "current mods" list yesterday. Super pleased with both the sound and the weight savings, and of course the sound will get better as it breaks in.
Still a bit of adjustment to do including bending a couple of the hangers so the flex pipe doesn't hit my X-brace, new hanger bushings, and a bit of finagling to get my Gibson tips to fit the new outlets, but overall couldn't be happier.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Customer 2021 Veloster Turbo R-Spec on a street pull with WMI setup properly and the OEM intercooler still in place on the stage 1.5 tune with 7k redline!

What are the other guys getting for IAT vs ambient? :)

Peak tq rpm
Peak whp rpm
Near redline rpm

Rectangle Slope Font Technology Horizon

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

Also remote tuning a VT here in a bit, been editing some files to tune with, and updated tuning program I use for VT that had not been updated since, well, probably 2014! Hahaha!

Thanks for the encouragement and poke to do all of this SkyShadex! ;-)

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Dyno from a 2020 Veloster Turbo R-Spec are in!

This is a tune customer's FBO car with a stage 1.5 93E10 tune making 3 heat soaked pulls on the dyno. Datalog screenshot shown with IAT 116-122°F, ECT 215-217°F, and 81°F ambient while on the rollers!

Light Rectangle Azure Slope Font

Font Material property Pattern Monochrome Screenshot

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
735 Posts
Borla Touring catback moved from the "future plans" list to the "current mods" list yesterday. Super pleased with both the sound and the weight savings, and of course the sound will get better as it breaks in.
Still a bit of adjustment to do including bending a couple of the hangers so the flex pipe doesn't hit my X-brace, new hanger bushings, and a bit of finagling to get my Gibson tips to fit the new outlets, but overall couldn't be happier.

View attachment 107530 View attachment 107531 View attachment 107532
How are you liking the x-brace so far?

Even though my car is lowered no more than 1.25" I'm constantly hitting things with mine in certain driveways and more recently when I was trailering my bike to a track day trying to get it situated on the slab.
It literally got stuck. 🤦😂
Lesson learned but be aware of what you run over on the roads and how the surface is for not hitting the brace.

Nice exhaust btw and a sound clip is needed for sure. 😁😍

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,258 Posts
Had a 19 Veloster Turbo Ultimate DCT drive ~4 hours for a tune today. Set him up on a stage 1 93E10 tune since he is FBO and we do not want to slip the transmission on it.

Had a 16 Veloster Turbo Rally drive ~3 hours for a tune today as well. This car had a few mods so setup on a stage 1 tune as well to keep things safe.

Both cars easily spun the tires in first and second gears today even with the 3.5k+ density altitude and 100-120°F + IAT's!

Here are the boost curves for each car during a pull. The 19 VT hits peak boost around 3k rpm, the 16 VT hits peak boost around 3.5k rpm, and both taper down to redline.

16 Rally VT
Purple Violet Font Electric blue Pattern

DA at the head for the Rally
Font Number Parallel

19 VT
Font Electric blue Pattern Magenta Rectangle

DA at the head for the 19 VT
Font Number Parallel

·
Registered
2015 VT A/T Boston Red
16 Posts
Got the MBRP catback installed that’s been sitting in the garage for the last week. Took about 3ish hours to get the OEM exhaust off, the bolts/studs were essentially rusted into one solid piece at the flanges, and took a bit of negotiating to remove :) sounds awesome and very happy with the purchase.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Asphalt

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Tire Asphalt

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
204 Posts
That looks good! Did you do the wrap yourself or did the exhaust come with it on it

Reactions: Christhemist

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
How are you liking the x-brace so far?

Even though my car is lowered no more than 1.25" I'm constantly hitting things with mine in certain driveways and more recently when I was trailering my bike to a track day trying to get it situated on the slab.
It literally got stuck. 🤦😂
Lesson learned but be aware of what you run over on the roads and how the surface is for not hitting the brace.

Nice exhaust btw and a sound clip is needed for sure. 😁😍
Completely missed this comment notification somehow.
I absolutely love the x-brace; it was basically the last piece of bracing I did, though, so I'm not sure what its individual effect would be if that was all I had on there, but in tandem with all the other bracing the car responds to steering input exactly how I want it to, so it was absolutely worthwhile to do all of that in my book. But yes, even though I'm stock height I've still scraped it a few times :LOL:

I swapped out all my OEM exhaust hanger bushings with TS poly bushings and that alone was enough to pull the catback's flexpipe up just a hair so it wasn't banging on the x-brace, thankfully, because even though it was very faint and only at certain times, it was driving me absolutely crazy 😬

Cold start sound clip (don't mind the excessively long clamped-on tips, still haven't sorted out new tips for this system):

·
Registered
2015 VT A/T Boston Red
16 Posts
That looks good! Did you do the wrap yourself or did the exhaust come with it on it
It didn’t come like that, I just bought some exhaust heat wrap off Amazon after reading a bunch of reviews about how the catback will melt some pretty important stuff under there. Didn’t take too long to wrap, and I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure it does the job well enough :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Completely missed this comment notification somehow.
I absolutely love the x-brace; it was basically the last piece of bracing I did, though, so I'm not sure what its individual effect would be if that was all I had on there, but in tandem with all the other bracing the car responds to steering input exactly how I want it to, so it was absolutely worthwhile to do all of that in my book. But yes, even though I'm stock height I've still scraped it a few times :LOL:

I swapped out all my OEM exhaust hanger bushings with TS poly bushings and that alone was enough to pull the catback's flexpipe up just a hair so it wasn't banging on the x-brace, thankfully, because even though it was very faint and only at certain times, it was driving me absolutely crazy 😬

Cold start sound clip (don't mind the excessively long clamped-on tips, still haven't sorted out new tips for this system):
Sounds good. 🥰
Not many change out their exhaust hangers with poly so how's the vibrations with yours?

I changed mine to poly too and considering that I've got a high durometer lower dog bone and upper poly engine mount the vibrations are tolerable but gently massage everything I side the car with it's resonance. ,😂😁

Nic work on the car. 🤙

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
Sounds good. 🥰
Not many change out their exhaust hangers with poly so how's the vibrations with yours?

I changed mine to poly too and considering that I've got a high durometer lower dog bone and upper poly engine mount the vibrations are tolerable but gently massage everything I side the car with it's resonance. ,😂😁

Nic work on the car. 🤙
Thanks! It's a little louder than I'd prefer right at initial startup for the few seconds until the wastegate closes, but after that it's exactly what I wanted - just a bit of a real exhaust note but not anything annoying.
I was prepared for a bit of increased NVH from these poly bushings since they're the same 75a durometer that my dogbone inserts are as well, and I definitely remembered the initial NVH from when I did that (until they broke in), but honestly there's nothing noticeable at all. I'll note, however, that the flexpipe on this catback system is super flexy -much more flexible than the OEM, to the extent that installing that section was tricky just because it was flopping around everywhere :LOL: - so I suspect that a lot of the vibration in the exhaust system is being absorbed right there... it could be that the same hanger bushings installed on an OEM system or some other brand catback that might have a stiffer flexpipe would lead to something noticeable, I'm not sure. Even if that were the case, though, I would anticipate that they'd break in after a while like my RMM inserts.
What duro are your inserts? I honestly kind of missed that massaging feeling when mine broke in, I wouldn't mind going to a stiffer insert; I've even considered going to a solid RMM but the ones I've looked at don't look like they'd clear my Pierce 2-point :/

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks! It's a little louder than I'd prefer right at initial startup for the few seconds until the wastegate closes, but after that it's exactly what I wanted - just a bit of a real exhaust note but not anything annoying.
I was prepared for a bit of increased NVH from these poly bushings since they're the same 75a durometer that my dogbone inserts are as well, and I definitely remembered the initial NVH from when I did that (until they broke in), but honestly there's nothing noticeable at all. I'll note, however, that the flexpipe on this catback system is super flexy -much more flexible than the OEM, to the extent that installing that section was tricky just because it was flopping around everywhere :LOL: - so I suspect that a lot of the vibration in the exhaust system is being absorbed right there... it could be that the same hanger bushings installed on an OEM system or some other brand catback that might have a stiffer flexpipe would lead to something noticeable, I'm not sure. Even if that were the case, though, I would anticipate that they'd break in after a while like my RMM inserts.
What duro are your inserts? I honestly kind of missed that massaging feeling when mine broke in, I wouldn't mind going to a stiffer insert; I've even considered going to a solid RMM but the ones I've looked at don't look like they'd clear my Pierce 2-point :/
I'm running the 82 durometer bushing for the dogbone and the TTR or TurboTech upper mount I'm guessing to be in the 75 durometer range.
Been a while I've had these on.

I'm guessing the dogbone is causing most of the nvh but I really dont mind it.

Don't get a solid lower mount.
You need flexibility in the drivetrain unless you're going all out race car. 👍

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
I'm running the 82 durometer bushing for the dogbone and the TTR or TurboTech upper mount I'm guessing to be in the 75 durometer range.
Been a while I've had these on.

I'm guessing the dogbone is causing most of the nvh but I really dont mind it.

Don't get a solid lower mount.
You need flexibility in the drivetrain unless you're going all out race car. 👍
Man, I have the TTR upper mount, but I took it back out after a week of running it, I just couldn't cope :LOL: lord almighty that was a truly transcendental level of NVH. Performance was fantastic, though, so I kept it to swap in at the paddock on track days or before a full canyon run day - so far have only done one canyon day with it, but it was fantastic having it for that.

I'll look into ~82 inserts for the dogbone, though, for sure... a little massage goes really well with the seat heater!

15261 - 15280 of 15293 Posts