Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15281 - 15293 of 15293 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
what do you use to clean the spokes when they are dirty? i almost never clean mine and the autowash doesnt do a great job except for applying tire shine lol

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
what do you use to clean the spokes when they are dirty? i almost never clean mine and the autowash doesnt do a great job except for applying tire shine lol
Well I had these ceramic coated at FI to make that easier especially since my Yellowstuff pads dust like a mofo, and these are actually easier to clean just by their design than the chromies I had on before... More spokes, but at least there's space between them to be able to wipe them!
I use microfiber cloth and Ethos products on the wheels and the entire car; Ethos D3FY is a great clean/condition/coat product and then to top it off and add some nice deep shine I use Ethos Resist, which is a graphene/ceramic hybrid coat. Obviously any sprayable ceramic product can't have much actual ceramic in it, but after my initial real ceramic coating on the whole car back when I bought her, I've been using nothing but these products on the entirety and they work great. Basically do a waterless wash with D3FY once a week and then the same + a coating of Resist every other week... Takes about an hour or so out of a Saturday, but eh.

·
Super Moderator
4,080 Posts
i usually clean mine by hand with a mild detergent once a year... usually at the end of the season when i pop them off so they aren't dirty in my tire rack. i was thinking about getting one of those foam bullet thingies it would probably work better than a brown wringed out microfiber cloth by the 4th wheel.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
146 Posts
i usually clean mine by hand with a mild detergent once a year... usually at the end of the season when i pop them off so they aren't dirty in my tire rack. i was thinking about getting one of those foam bullet thingies it would probably work better than a brown wringed out microfiber cloth by the 4th wheel.
Oh man, once a year? I couldn't deal with that... I'm not literally OCD, but I can't go more than 2 weeks without cleaning my wheels and tires, and even waiting that long gives me a little 😬 feeling.
I have about a 3-cloth system on the wheels... One cloth to clean the first two, second cloth to dry/polish the first two, then second cloth becomes the cleaning cloth for the other two and the 3rd cloth for drying/polishing them. That said, I have used the Mothers foam-cone thing, I forget what it's called exactly, for wheels I've owned in the past and it's freaking awesome 👍 Slap it in a drill and what was a 20-minute process becomes a 5 or 10-minute thing.

·
Super Moderator
4,080 Posts
that's why i picked up black wheels... they go from shiny to matte-ish when dirty. i would have to clean them all the time.

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
25 Posts
Finally got around to finishing my Mishimoto OCC install despite having a recently broken wrist.

Hopefully I did it right.. I pulled the 3/8" hose from the valve cover and put a 3/8" barb into the hose which then I ran to the "out" port of the OCC. Then I ran a hose from the "in" port to the valve cover.
Automotive fuel system Light Hood Car Motor vehicle

Car Motor vehicle Light Automotive air manifold Hood

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
735 Posts
Finally got around to finishing my Mishimoto OCC install despite having a recently broken wrist.

Hopefully I did it right.. I pulled the 3/8" hose from the valve cover and put a 3/8" barb into the hose which then I ran to the "out" port of the OCC. Then I ran a hose from the "in" port to the valve cover.
View attachment 107640
View attachment 107639
Pcv valve output to the input of the can and the output of the can to the intake manifold should be correct.
Looks like you got it right.
I would have gotten a dual catch can so that you could have added the valve cover port going to your intake pipe.

Under boost crankcase emissions can come in through the valve cover to the intake pipe because the crankcase is pressurized.

Also Mishimoto has a deeper can that's twice the capacity of what you have so they'll function better and can go look over between drain intervals.
I did that with both of my cans and glad I did.

Last there's a deep discussion here on the forums about vent to air which has a zero crankcase ingestion to the combustion chamber.
Been vent to air for some time and even though I'm not turbo seeing all that can get past the can was enough to go vent to air.

There's good reading and conversation so check it out. 👍

·
Super Moderator
4,080 Posts
that is exactly how my big can is routed, but the can is much bigger lol

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
25 Posts
Pcv valve output to the input of the can and the output of the can to the intake manifold should be correct.
Looks like you got it right.
I would have gotten a dual catch can so that you could have added the valve cover port going to your intake pipe.

Under boost crankcase emissions can come in through the valve cover to the intake pipe because the crankcase is pressurized.

Also Mishimoto has a deeper can that's twice the capacity of what you have so they'll function better and can go look over between drain intervals.
I did that with both of my cans and glad I did.

Last there's a deep discussion here on the forums about vent to air which has a zero crankcase ingestion to the combustion chamber.
Been vent to air for some time and even though I'm not turbo seeing all that can get past the can was enough to go vent to air.

There's good reading and conversation so check it out. 👍
Do you have a suggestion for a dual catch can setup with VTA?

15281 - 15293 of 15293 Posts