Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
296 Posts
Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
296 Posts
So far so good. I may try to lower the car just a bit, as the extra rubber raised the ride height by about half an inch

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,217 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing! I've been dreading trying to repair it, but the quarter panel is like 3/4 of the entire car. Any ideas on how to fix?
eventually i will just cut the lip out and grind/seal it, but on the outside it is just on that flat ledge. i was going to grind / sand the whole ledge, apply a thin layer of bondo and then paint the ledge black.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Replacing the entire exhaust from cat-back. I got a 112K on the '13 turbo, I haven't been using this car for several months now. I don't have all the parts yet, new bolts and nuts by the cat and 2 tips are on their way. I didn't realize how heavy the oem muffler is, it has to be the heaviest muffler ever put on a car after the Mercedes.
I got exhaust leaks all over, I guess the N.England winters and road salts finally caught up with it. Putting on custom made pipes with the heavy muffler deleted. Not gonna be very pretty, and it's gonna get a bit louder.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
a little more than a bit.

my borla catback sounds AMAZING compared to a leaky exhaust. just be cognizant those post-cat b-pipe bolts are going to be the bulk of the trouble removing the old exhaust.

• Helpful
Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
163 Posts
a little more than a bit.

my borla catback sounds AMAZING compared to a leaky exhaust. just be cognizant those post-cat b-pipe bolts are going to be the bulk of the trouble removing the old exhaust.
I had to cut 2 of them off with the cut wheel. They got loose, but the other end of the bolt got ripped out of the flange . The nuts got out of shape, even though I wire brushed them and soaked them in bolt loosener for hours and my Makita impact drive was struggling. I got the bolts loosen by the cat, but not by the muffler at the rear axle. The new exhaust pipes I'm putting on doesn't have bolted connection, just by the cat. Regardless I'm replacing the bolts and nuts by the cat, as well as the gasket, I'm waiting for those to arrive. No rush.. I haven't been using this car for months, it also needs new tires, possibly buy summer tires for it early next year.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,483 Posts
A few dragy pulls by customer with a '21 Veloster R-Spec. Will get better from here especially with a better launch.

Qwik Tyme Performance 3.5" carbon fiber intake, Qwik Tyme Performance 2.5" hot pipe, Wagner FMIC, Qwik Tyme Performance TB spacer, AEM V3 WMI kit, HKS M45XL plugs, gutted cats, muffler delete, seat delete, drag radials, 1/2 tank gas, Qwik Tyme Performance Stage 1.5 tune, E30 fuel, 2,840 lbs.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Technology

Rectangle Azure Font Parallel Technology

Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
163 Posts
What's going on with the market?
They charge same/almost same price for an axle back exhaust kit, than for a full cat back.

I'm trying to compute this...how does 1 piece of a kit cost the same as the entire kit...:oops:
Example: Borla Axle back, Takeda (?) Axle back: $450-560
MBRP and many others : $450-$1200

And also:
LOL, Yes, the same exhaust (not very good at all, needs a lot of custom cutting, because the pieces are too long).
I bought the same exact exhaust for $210 from him 3yrs ago , look at the price of it now
It also sounds terrible.

Leg Human body Stonemason's hammer Knee Line

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
MBRP is total dogshit.

the borla touring sounds amazing, and mounts up absolutely perfectly. i'm hoping it doesnt oxidize over the harsh new england winter.

Reactions: misnblu and L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
What's going on with the market?
They charge same/almost same price for an axle back exhaust kit, than for a full cat back.

I'm trying to compute this...how does 1 piece of a kit cost the same as the entire kit...:oops:
Example: Borla Axle back, Takeda (?) Axle back: $450-560
MBRP and many others : $450-$1200
Keep in mind the Borla S-Type axle-back is for NAVs, not for VT. VT is the Touring cat-back, which jumped in cost by about $200 a couple months ago (well, maybe 6 months by now) due to supply chain issues, but is still well worth the cost. I had the misfortune of buying one about two days after the price went up, lol, but I'm not even mad about it - it's still worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
125k & counting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
Finally finished the speaker upgrade project... Infinity Reference 3032CFX center speaker, Reference 6532IX front door speakers, Kappa 63XF rear speakers, and swapped out the Rockford sub I had with a high-excursion Pioneer TS-A2000LD2 -still using the OEM enclosure-, all with a solid helping of KilMat sound barrier and the 6.5" speakers paired with NVX silicone speaker baffles. The Pioneer has such high excursion that I had to cut out the OEM sub "grille" and install a universal grille over top, but good lord what an incredible sound difference everything made. I do have to open the driver's door back up because the plastic moisture barrier is rattling like hell now, so going to have to weigh that down with a couple more strips of KilMat or something, but overall an unbelievable improvement. I honestly felt like the Dimension system was damn fine for a factory system -and it is- but I didn't fully realize just how much sound quality I'd been missing this whole time.
The keen-eyed will notice that rivnuts were used for reinstallation after drilling out the factory rivets; so far I have not one single self-tapper in this car (other than any OEM ones that may exist) and I intend to keep it that way!
...now I'm just waiting for my Pierce front bash bar to get here so I can offset the weight in speakers and sound barrier that I just added :LOL:

Dvd Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget Electronic instrument
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Camera lens Digital camera Camera accessory Lens Reflex camera
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive lighting Circle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Reflex camera Flash photography
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Bumper

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
Haven't seen these discussed in many years, but swapped out my Pierce 2-point hatch brace with a Luxon 4-point X-brace. Huge pain in the ass to install, but genuinely worth the effort in the end - rear end predictability is finally on point!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Grille
Car Light Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
i couldn't run two braces in my class so i opted for the tried and true front upper strut brace and a rear trailer hitch ;)

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
i couldn't run two braces in my class so i opted for the tried and true front upper strut brace and a rear trailer hitch ;)
Haaaa loophole, I love it!
For better or worse I'm way beyond that 1-brace limit by now anyway. With the Pierce torsion bar in place I didn't actually notice any marked effect when I added the Pierce 2-point hatch brace, but replacing it with this 4-point made a massive difference in the corners for sure and even feels more solid just in round-town driving. No installation instructions of course, it's the usual "just take the entire rear interior apart and figure it out" thing, so I'm super grateful it ended up worth the effort.

·
Registered
2015 VT A/T Boston Red
20 Posts
Finally got the sequence spoiler I ordered in June from SCGW, albeit 5 weeks late and missing the required hardware :) I’ll update when I get it put on the car, but for now, here she is :D
Shoe Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Grey Font

Grille Motor vehicle White Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
Finally got the sequence spoiler I ordered in June from SCGW, albeit 5 weeks late and missing the required hardware :) I’ll update when I get it put on the car, but for now, here she is :D
View attachment 108150
View attachment 108149
Mine didn't come with any kind of hardware either back when I got it, so I ended up putting 4 rivnuts into the OEM spoiler so I could bolt the two together and a solid helping of 3M VHB double sided tape, with the two spoilers off the car and clamped together for 24 hours before re-mounting them as a single assembly. It's held up perfectly for the past year+, however long I've had it on.
You got lucky, I think SoCal has discontinued these entirely since then!

15321 - 15340 of 15359 Posts