Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15341 - 15359 of 15359 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,217 Posts
i installed one on a friends car back in 2014 - yes they don't come with shit and sometimes you get lucky the cast they are using isnt worn out and it actually fits ok without being warped or short from buildup. we used 2 lengths of self tapping screws per SCGW's recommendation :rolleyes::rolleyes:

today's pieces are a very long cry from VIS and Seibon that produced extreme quality carbon fiber parts. and somehow the price has gone up and people are OK with this.

• Wow
Reactions: misnblu and L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
Agreed... I forgot that I did need to sand a bunch of filler off the mounting pad to get it to sit properly on top of the OEM spoiler 😂 And I'm annoyed by the build quality every time I look at it too closely, but then again I knew I was ordering the cheap(er) one from SoCal rather than the $1000+ version from EPR, so eh... It still looks great if you don't get too close and it is noticeably functional in helping plant the rear at highway speed, so I don't regret the purchase. But man... I wish whoever was making them that day knew how to lay a seam 😬
Automotive tire Hood Grille Wood Tread

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,483 Posts
Got some brake items in from R1 concepts, KDM tuners, and our friend Albert Hwang! Still waiting on a few goodies as well!

Ready to do this VT to NAV brake conversion to save some weight and be able to run a 15" wheel with a better tire!

Who's ready to see a VT run 11's in the 1/4 mile?

White Bottle Font Automotive tire Gas

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
porterfields are going to suck driving around town let me tell ya.

·
Administrator
6,483 Posts
Not going to use those. Notice I have 3 sets of pads pictured and still waiting on another set. :)

·
Administrator
6,483 Posts
Got my VT up and running the other day after a long time down. In NA form for now until I can get the other upgrades installed here soon. Doing a complete new build on it. All new bolt ons and new fuel system etc. Sbooting for 11's in the 1/4 on the oem turbo oem engine!

Check it out @qwiktymeperformance on IG or Qwik Tyme Performance on FB!

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
180 Posts
Got my VT up and running the other day after a long time down. In NA form for now until I can get the other upgrades installed here soon. Doing a complete new build on it. All new bolt ons and new fuel system etc. Sbooting for 11's in the 1/4 on the oem turbo oem engine!

Check it out @qwiktymeperformance on IG or Qwik Tyme Performance on FB!
Will this be a test bed for the new OEM-location IC? I've been hoping to see some updates on that project! Sadly I can't get away with using your intake here (without reverting before inspection) but I could damn sure (and plan to) get away with running that IC when it's ready...

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
love those self tappers! you should get some black nail polish for the screw heads. i see snow, and i know they could possibly turn rust colored.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Vitamin C
27 Posts
Installed X-force 2.5 inch catback today part E4-HY02-CBS, got it for my birthday during blackfriday sale on summit racing for $376.65 was $399.25 with taxes and shipped. With this replacing my muffler delete its ultra quiet, close to oem so I'm sure my neighbors will be much happier.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle Rim

• Love
Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
not bad! i paid a grand for the borla i feel it was worth every penny.

·
Administrator
6,483 Posts
Installed X-force 2.5 inch catback today part E4-HY02-CBS, got it for my birthday during blackfriday sale on summit racing for $376.65 was $399.25 with taxes and shipped. With this replacing my muffler delete its ultra quiet, close to oem so I'm sure my neighbors will be much happier.

View attachment 108230
Tune still sounds good with that?

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Vitamin C
27 Posts
Tune still sounds good with that?
Tune is deff dulled out now, sounded so crazy and obnoxious with the muffler delete but car was just all around too loud felt like i was driving like a grannie so people would stop staring at me lmao. Now im on it everywhere gas mileage be damned lol, but maybe we revision the tune and give it some more noise. I'll try and get a sound clip when i get a moment. I did put on the resonated exhaust tips i was gonna use to try and tame the catback but i don't think they are whats making this so quiet.

Overall i am impressed with exhaust installed quick easy and fit perfect, came with bolts(kinda short) gaskets and a like 3/4" spacer that was not needed. I did put washers on the bolts as they were only slightly larger than the bolt holes. Exhuast feels like no restrictions and flows real nice, id recomend to anyone that wants cheap quiet straight through catback system.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pinnacles to reach 130k (original engine & tuned)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15341 - 15359 of 15359 Posts