Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15361 - 15380 of 15388 Posts

· Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
113 Posts
Had a 21 VT R-Spec customer on the dyno who wanted numbers on the oem tune vs stage 1 tune on 93E10 pump gas. Mods were AFE Takeda intake, muffler delete, and NGK heat range 9 plugs with .024" gaps. They were not only surprised by the power gains but how close I was on the estimated power it should make on stage 1 tune at 230+/280+.

View attachment 108243

View attachment 108244

Also have a 12 NA manual Veloster that's FBO on 93E10 doing well on a custom tune. This car should be doing 150+ whp but has not been on the dyno just yet.

View attachment 108245
what app is the second screenshot?

just added godspeed monoss coilovers at 59,970mi :)

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,567 Posts
what app is the second screenshot?

just added godspeed monoss coilovers at 59,970mi :)
Torque pro app on android smart device with the obdlink LX reader to collect the data which is put on datazap site to put in graph form to review the data which is where the screenshot is from.

· Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
768 Posts
Also have a 12 NA manual Veloster that's FBO on 93E10 doing well on a custom tune. This car should be doing 150+ whp but has not been on the dyno just yet.
Considering the stock n/a motor is reported to be 138hp getting the 150whp would be a considerable amount of gain. 😳🤯🤤

If this tune translates to the Rio and Accent with the lighter weight chassis this would make for a quick little ride for us n/a peeps. 👍😁

· Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,271 Posts
can't wait to see 160+ ;)

Reactions: misnblu

· Administrator
6,567 Posts
This will probably be the highest hp gen 1 NAV on a DYNOJET once he finds a good shop to go to. Not sure what the record is now but probably not out of the 130's or 140's.

· Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
check my sig :)

this video was before adding the TK midpipe.

· Administrator
6,567 Posts
DYNOJET is what we will be using as the numbers can't be manipulated like on a Mustang Dyno or similar types. Also it is what most use to compare.

· Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
i got BIG MUSTANG DYNO energy.

i honestly have no idea the differences but google says they read low compared to a dynojet. tbh none of it matters lol

· Administrator
6,567 Posts
i got BIG MUSTANG DYNO energy.

i honestly have no idea the differences but google says they read low compared to a dynojet. tbh none of it matters lol
Hahaha, love it!

Ya the MD can read high or low depending on the setting that have to be manually input compared to a DJ. DJ is used by most since much more difficult to skew numbers so that's what will be used as the measuring stick. :) All I know is 7.5k redline just means a 750 rpm longer nap during a pull!

· Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
can always use longer naps!

• Haha

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
Pierce front crash bar installed, plus the OEM grille opened up in the middle section to take advantage of the extra airflow now that a full third of the IC is no longer being blocked by the OEM crash bar.
For others' reference, since I didn't see it on Pierce's site, the OEM crash bar weighs 19.8lbs and the Pierce bar weighs 9.4lbs. Pretty cost-effective way to drop 10.4lbs off the leading edge!

Attachments

· Registered
335 Posts
Pierce front crash bar installed, plus the OEM grille opened up in the middle section to take advantage of the extra airflow now that a full third of the IC is no longer being blocked by the OEM crash bar.
For others' reference, since I didn't see it on Pierce's site, the OEM crash bar weighs 19.8lbs and the Pierce bar weighs 9.4lbs. Pretty cost-effective way to drop 10.4lbs off the leading edge!
Phenomenal job bro. That looks awesome 👍

· Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
768 Posts
Opening that grill is the first step for better engine bay air flow and cooling.
Now you need some good vents to complete the package of airflow and providing full air flow to the radiator and intercooler setup. 👍

Really nice work so far. 😍🙏🤙

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
Phenomenal job bro. That looks awesome 👍
Thanks man! Definitely resulted in a little bumper sag now that the center portion is gone, since it would normally slot over the OEM crash bar and provide a bit of support, but that's easily resolved - LOL I've actually had a couple of support bars for almost 2 years now, never installed because I didn't need them yet. Otherwise though, pretty happy with how it turned out. I know a mesh grille is the usual go-to in this case, but man... everybody has mesh grilles, I don't like having the same stuff everybody else has.

Opening that grill is the first step for better engine bay air flow and cooling.
Now you need some good vents to complete the package of airflow and providing full air flow to the radiator and intercooler setup. 👍

Really nice work so far. 😍🙏🤙
I figure once @trdtoy has his OEM-location upgraded IC ready to go and I get one installed, I'll work on some front air channels to specifically focus air to it instead of just blasting the whole front end. I did open up the OEM hood vents, and have some better more open ones being made for me right now (after 2 years, my own best effort on mine just isn't quite good enough for me anymore), and the cowl weatherstripping removed, so my through-bay circulation is not terrible - it could be better for sure, but it's not bad.
Definitely wouldn't mind putting some proper vents like you have on the hood, but that's wayyyyy down the list if I'm being honest... Love the look and the functionality, but frankly it's entirely unnecessary for 90% of my driving, so they keep getting bumped further and further down the ol' wish list. I do have a VelossaTech snorkel to install, which is 95% for the looks and I expect to have diddly/squat effect on performance, but that other 5% should help a bit with overall engine bay circulation, at least at speed. I have low expectations though :LOL:

· Registered
1,289 Posts
bruh wtf my tactrix usb port just broke. the internal USB port is shaking around in the port now. fml
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Automotive lighting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Roadster

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
I’ve humbly had my marathon blue ‘13 VT‘s windows tinted, and all but my interior map lights are now LED blue. I’m a disabled usaf veteran, so my ‘mods’ are likely to be more aesthetic rather than performance focused...for now.
Welcome!
I'll note that your profile pic looks like yours came from Carvana, and as a fellow Carvana buyer I should mention to immediately check the oil, oil filter, and all other fluids and filters. When I bought mine from them it had filthy, overfilled oil and an aftermarket oil filter, which could have caused severe issues if I hadn't immediately changed it -this in spite of the fact that they insisted the car had just been serviced. Most of the rest was okay other than a completely clogged cabin air filter, but the condition of the oil and oil filter was a biggie, so -trust, but verify!

15361 - 15380 of 15388 Posts