Veloster Turbo Forum banner
15381 - 15388 of 15388 Posts

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
Speaking of oil... quite reassured by the results of my Blackstone Labs test (first one I've done on this car). Ignore the high silicon, that's just the CERMA Nano/Turbo treatment (finally done with the full CERMA treatment regimen) and ignore the high fuel content and resulting viscosity/flashpoint issues - that's my bad entirely, I was under-mileage but way over-time on my oil change, and since my daily driving rarely affords time for the oil to get up to real proper operating temperature, the combination ends up in high fuel content... lesson learned there, for sure. Otherwise though, engine's looking good - very happy about that - and very happy about the good TBN in spite of the age of the oil. Motul may be expensive, but to my eyes this proves that it's money well spent.
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

· Registered
‘13 Blue VT , 37,000 miles
4 Posts
Welcome!
I'll note that your profile pic looks like yours came from Carvana, and as a fellow Carvana buyer I should mention to immediately check the oil, oil filter, and all other fluids and filters. When I bought mine from them it had filthy, overfilled oil and an aftermarket oil filter, which could have caused severe issues if I hadn't immediately changed it -this in spite of the fact that they insisted the car had just been serviced. Most of the rest was okay other than a completely clogged cabin air filter, but the condition of the oil and oil filter was a biggie, so -trust, but verify!
Yes, Carvanna. Only 37k miles, looks brand new. And I really appreciate the heads up and I was already a step ahead of you there one of the very first things I did was not trust fluids especially the oil and oil filter immediately went to a place and had synthetic oil and new filters, and I might add in my instance, both my air filter in my car cabin air filter still look brand new, likely changed out.

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
Yes, Carvanna. Only 37k miles, looks brand new. And I really appreciate the heads up and I was already a step ahead of you there one of the very first things I did was not trust fluids especially the oil and oil filter immediately went to a place and had synthetic oil and new filters, and I might add in my instance, both my air filter in my car cabin air filter still look brand new, likely changed out.
Good deal! Mine has been basically flawless for the past 2+ years I've owned her, but I know that my experience would have been different if I'd assumed the "it's just been serviced" was accurate :LOL:Beautiful car!

· Registered
‘13 Blue VT , 37,000 miles
4 Posts
Good deal! Mine has been basically flawless for the past 2+ years I've owned her, but I know that my experience would have been different if I'd assumed the "it's just been serviced" was accurate :LOL:Beautiful car!
After I’ve saved a little bit of extra money again, I would like to put more sporty and decorative rims with locking lug nuts and by the way because of that stupid TikTok challenge thing and even though it probably doesn’t apply so much for brake pedal push button start I don’t know, But that TikTok challenge has here in Northeastern Ohio area over 800 Kia/Hyunda’s are getting stolen, joy ridden and usually trash cars, even driving them right into a house…(Cleveland)…So upon advisory of the local police, I actually have a matching marathon blue club for my steering wheel because these jerks doing this TikTok challenge don’t usually like to be bothered with cutting a steering wheel.
Any advice on rims, appreciated.

· Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
203 Posts
After I’ve saved a little bit of extra money again, I would like to put more sporty and decorative rims with locking lug nuts and by the way because of that stupid TikTok challenge thing and even though it probably doesn’t apply so much for brake pedal push button start I don’t know, But that TikTok challenge has here in Northeastern Ohio area over 800 Kia/Hyunda’s are getting stolen, joy ridden and usually trash cars, even driving them right into a house…(Cleveland)…So upon advisory of the local police, I actually have a matching marathon blue club for my steering wheel because these jerks doing this TikTok challenge don’t usually like to be bothered with cutting a steering wheel.
Any advice on rims, appreciated.
Well the good news is that cars with pushbutton start can't be stolen using the TikTok method, as we (I have pushbutton start as well) have immobilizers that won't allow the car to start without the fob present... the down side of course is that by the time one of those f*ckheads realizes it won't work, they've likely already broken out a window and done whatever other damage they're going to. That's not to say there aren't other ways to steal a car even with an immobilizer though - I know there are people running around "cloning" smart keys too, so the Club is never a bad idea!

Wheels... boy, that all depends on what you're going for, really, the options are virtually limitless. Personally I put a very high value on low weight, since with the limited bhp of these cars a lightweight wheel makes a really surprising difference in every aspect of the car from launch to cornering to braking and suspension travel, so I went with 18 x 8.5 +45 Konig Hypergrams, which weigh 17.8lbs each as opposed to the ~26lb OEM wheels. For security I put on Raceseng forged titanium lug nuts because they're virtually impossible to cut, grip, or beat a socket onto to get off, and their "key" is proprietary so it's not one that you can just go buy at AutoZone like a lot of the tuner lugs. They're pricey as hell -about $600 for the set I got and it's one of the cheaper options- but I figured between my wheel, tire, and brake package alone I have around $750 per corner, so another $150 per corner to protect the investment (and look good) wasn't outlandish. Overkill, certainly, but useful overkill.
Honestly I recommend just spending some time thinking about what your end goals are for the car, and that will provide some direction in what sort of wheel setup you're going to want.

There's a very in-depth thread on here about what wheels will fit under what circumstances: ***The Ultimate "WILL THEY FIT?" Thread***
As well as all the other threads in that section, which all -more or less- have useful information in them: Veloster Wheels and Tires
Fitment Industries is a great resource for wheel setups on these cars - even if you don't buy from them, you can use their fitment gallery to see various wheels on the car, and they do have a bunch of VTs in the gallery. https://www.fitmentindustries.com/wheel-offset-gallery

For reference, your OEM wheel specs are 18 x 7.5 +49 offset, with a 5x114.3 (or in Imperial, 5x4.5) bolt pattern and a 67.1mm center bore, so that'll at least get you started in looking. Cast wheels will be heavy but relatively cheap; rotary forged (also known as "flow formed", "roll forged", or variations of that depending on manufacturer) will be lighter and stronger but more expensive than cast, and the ultimate in lightness, strength, and cost are full forged wheels, but then you're looking at a couple grand-plus per corner usually which seems a bit excessive to put on a Hyundai (though some certainly have).

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,567 Posts
Late night shop work on possibly the quickest VT1 and VT2 in the land!

Check back for updates on both of these cars because they're both going to be even quicker and faster soon!

🦕 results and dragy to follow.....
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Auto part Engineering

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,271 Posts
vt2 has ford focus st vibes.

15381 - 15388 of 15388 Posts