Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully we are just a few months away from the VT actually hitting the streets. In the mean time, what are you planning for your Veloster Turbo? Wheels, Modifications, Stereo, Exhaust, Suspensions, etc.. Let us know!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I actually were to own one; (I'm still torn between the BRZ, but I think I'd prefer the more daily driver appeal and fuel economy of the VT) I would probably start with just getting tint LOL. But next would probably look into a less restrictive intake if possible.. I am a huge fan of all the beautiful noises that turbos make, but this car seems so muted

·
Registered
78 Posts
tints for sure.
but I love my light mods, so those are usually first on the list.

It's pretty clean and how I like it so far, but always gotta find ways to customize

·
Registered
94 Posts
tint forsure like everyone said and maybe different wheels i saw this pic online it was the matte grey finish with maybe 18 or 19 black wheels that looked much better than the stock ones. other than that maybe exhaust and cold air intake larger throttle body nothin too much dont wanna fuck up the mpg i dont think any of those mods would though

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would start with my friends above as well with the tints , but I have been seen those touches with the lines on the edges and it is appealing .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tint the windows and tails/reflectors, Lowering Springs, LED underbody/interior/engine bay kits, rear emblem delete, two-tone, konig illusion wheels with continental dws tires, HID low beams and fogs, Carbon Fiber Hood, and whatever my buddies at turbokits.com can come up with for the go faster mods.. and thats just to start..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tint the windows and tails/reflectors, Lowering Springs, LED underbody/interior/engine bay kits, rear emblem delete, two-tone, konig illusion wheels with continental dws tires, HID low beams and fogs, Carbon Fiber Hood, and whatever my buddies at turbokits.com can come up with for the go faster mods.. and thats just to start..
Nice, I am liking the sounds of this! I wonder if any of the suspension will need to be beefed up or anything with more boost. I was just thinking about typical go fast FWD cars and the torque steer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice, I am liking the sounds of this! I wonder if any of the suspension will need to be beefed up or anything with more boost. I was just thinking about typical go fast FWD cars and the torque steer

I had a 600hp SRT....... i remember when i would go weeks without driving it and then drive it one day, i would mash the gas, i would pee myslef a little cuz of torque steer, but there are allot of things to help with it, same with traction

·
Registered
54 Posts
Functionality is built into this ride already, just gotta add a lol bit of my own fun..

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I am probably going to start ordering some stuff soon. Once I hear the car is on its way to the dealer, parts will be on order for sure.

The immediate things I am going to do, regardless of car color:

custom CAI
custom FMIC with BOV
lowering springs from an NA V
20% window tint all around
Night-shaded tails
Brenthon emblems
possibly crack open the headlights and paint chrome black
HIDs
10mm wheel spacers
Magnaflow 11224 + 10414
IS strut bar
remove 'Veloster' badge.. I want it to be badged with unique badges and keep the 'turbo' badge.
probably wheels.. specifically

hopefully going to do all of the above within the first month or so of owning the car!

with the performance mods freeing up some airflow, along with the ligther wheels, I am hoping to gain a little economy while off-boost also.

Based on the crazy rear section of the Veloster exhaust and the somewhat restrictive stock resonator, the exhaust mods will probably provide the most benefit to this car.

I will also try it WITHOUT a resonator or muffler to see how it sounds. My SRT-4 sounded GREAT with only a resonator.. Thinking about removing the cat also :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will be doing the following in this order when I get my Blue Ocean/Marathon;

Diode Dynamics Stage II Interior Lights
Clear-coating
Luxon Sway Bars (both front and rear)
Vinyl-sheet around the fog lights and bottom rear lights to match Blue Ocean
Tinting 50% front and 30% back
And customized emblem badges

Later on the year, plan to get new white rims with Contential ExtremeContact DWS
Depending on how the car feels, new coilovers

What do you think ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marathon Blue.

Tint first

new wheels:
18x7.5

2 12" subs i have at the house will be going in on 1600watts RMS (gotta figure out how to install and still retain stock functionality of stereo)

exhaust/Bov/intake to come later after i get the other stuff going, i drive literally in traffic all day so no point to go faster to stopping in 15 ft.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.