Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after doing a lot of hunting, I still don't think I have the answer- so with the changes in the exhaust piping in the 2016, is there an aftermarket "catback" that is bolt-on to the 2016?
Or if I just have an exhaust place cut out and replace the muffler, what should i have them put in there?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
An exhaust made for a VT

Reactions: geekdragon

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An exhaust made for a VT
That doesn't necessarily help. I was an elantra owner. It switched from MAP to MAF in 2004 but obviously the intakes weren't identical. Same thing with my Soul. 2014+ Soul intake and exhaust doesn't fit 2013- Soul, even though it's the same engine. There are enough physical differences in the 2016 VT exhaust vs previous years that I wanted to confirm that the fitment didn't change.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
In this case, it's true. All available VT exhausts bolt on the flange at the base of the downpipe. That location is identical across the board, and all exhausts are a straight swap of everything downstream from there.

For a 2016, the only concerns are the follows:
1) The downpipe style changed for 2016. If you want to install an aftermarket downpipe, it must be a style that includes the "elbow" portion. Other "short" styles need to re-use an elbow section from the OEM downpipe, but this part is no longer present on 2016 cars.
2) This new-style downpipe has only the first catalytic converter (rather than both, as in earlier models). The second OEM catalytic converter is moved back into the exhaust "midpipe". This is actually great news, because the second cat gets deleted simply by installing any aftermarket exhaust. There is no sensor behind it, so the computer doesn't even miss it. Free extra exhaust flow.

Reactions: weinerd

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks geekdragon! You like your cnt catback?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Thanks geekdragon! You like your cnt catback?
I think it's great value for the price. Great exhaust note, while pretty quiet at idle and cruising speed. Drone noise can be a bit obnoxious around 2500-3000 rpm, especially during coasting deceleration. Fitment can be a little fiddly. It took me trial and error to keep the replacement tips centered in the bumper cutout. I got aftermarket hanger bushings to mostly sort that out.

Reactions: fastswimmerguy

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I think it's great value for the price. Great exhaust note, while pretty quiet at idle and cruising speed. Drone noise can be a bit obnoxious around 2500-3000 rpm, especially during coasting deceleration. Fitment can be a little fiddly. It took me trial and error to keep the replacement tips centered in the bumper cutout. I got aftermarket hanger bushings to mostly sort that out.
I can second that on the CNT but I had no issues with fitment. Great exhaust!

·
Registered
7 Posts
just reopening this thread as want to confirm if there's anyone here have installed a Solo Performance catback exhaust on a 2016 VT DCT? I asked Solo and they said it won't fit as the undercarriage on 2016+ is different. but just trying my luck if anyone was able to fit and what needs to be done? I just like how the Solo sounds tho. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts