Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I am using the Rhino ramps to lift the car from front or rear, with chalks. But it doesn't get the car high enough and with a bad back it really gets me going under and up multiple times. Have looked on line and at auto stores and Walmart but not sure what is good and safe without breaking the bank? Any suggestions? Thanks and blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have 3 of these:

And this...

Working at a shop has a few perks.
Nice! But what does the normal poor car guy get! Blessings, Whiz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get a Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack (the $69 dollar is OK or the next one up is really nice) and some standard jack stands (whichever brand you want) and you'll be GTG. I drive up on 2X4 boards to get a little more clearance under the front where I like to place the jack under the sub-frame to raise the whole front up. In the rear I place it under the spring cups. Our cars are extremely light so they go up effortlessly.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Ramps, harbor freight aluminum jack stand one up from what he said, and some aluminum stands on amazon that are red and silver. I'm fat and have the same problems.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I got the Bendpak Quick Jack in February. I love it. Whole car is in the air and no messing with jacks and stands. Definitely need a solid flat surface though so not in a non paved/concrete surface.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Bendpak Quick Jack in February. I love it. Whole car is in the air and no messing with jacks and stands. Definitely need a solid flat surface though so not in a non paved/concrete surface.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Thanks, sounds like what I want, will check it out, blessings, Whiz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a Ranger Quick Jack ( probably the same thing Hellhunter has but different name). Anyway this lifts anything up to 5000 lbs nice and level ,higher than ramps or jack stands, and a whole lot easier. One goes under each side, hydraulically lifts car, when raised you lock it in place and can disconnect the quick fittings on the lines and pump so they are not in the way while working under the car. Makes working under the car or rotating tires so much easier. When not in use you can push the two sides toward the middle of the car and they are low enough to drive over with no contact from the front air dam or under carriage, even if car is some what lowered.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just looked those up. Wow that’s spendy. I can see the advantages though.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Blitz ramps when I am using ramps, (4) 3-ton jack stands when I need the whole car off the ground. The jack stands I bought at Lowes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack (the $69 dollar is OK or the next one up is really nice) and some standard jack stands (whichever brand you want) and you'll be GTG. I drive up on 2X4 boards to get a little more clearance under the front where I like to place the jack under the sub-frame to raise the whole front up. In the rear I place it under the spring cups. Our cars are extremely light so they go up effortlessly.
I'm gonna need you to go ahead and elaborate where that front lift point is. Maybe provide a picture? I got under my VT for the first time last night and had a bitch of a time finding a lift point other than the pinch welds on the side. I only have a 3-tonne floor jack, so it's too wide to lift and put a stand in place. I ended up lifting the back about 2ft off the ground so I could put a stand in the front.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good lord I'm stupid, can't believe I haven't figured out to just drive up on boards to get an extra few inches to get my jack under the center of my car. My garage is SUPER cramped (2 car garages with a center divider are a joke, even my tiny ass car barely fits) and sometimes i can't fit a jack on one side to lift it up from left to right.

Also those quick jacks do look super nice, might have to try investing in a set eventually/buy used/group buy etc.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Nope love the rhino ramps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts