Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my custom rims today and test fitted them for caliper clearance. But no way are my stock lug nuts gonna fit. First set of custom rims I bought ever that could not use the stock lug nuts. Any ideas.
17X8 rims, 45 off set. 5X114.3.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I can get you some that should work unless you have somewhere local to go or want to order online.

Can you get measurement of hole diameter and get clear pic of the lug nut hole from wheel face side?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get you some that should work unless you have somewhere local to go or want to order online.

Can you get measurement of hole diameter and get clear pic of the lug nut hole from wheel face side?
I'll try and get a better pic and a hole diameter when I get home after work today. Seems the bolt holes have a champer or resess half way down where the lug nut tightens down on. Took this pic on the way to work in the dark,lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Aftermarket wheels usually require low-profile, or "tuner lugs". Manufacturers including McGard, Gorilla, and many others -- they're not especially hard to find/get -- especially online -- but probably not an "on the shelf" item for many mainstream auto parts stores. Velosters take a M12 x 1.5" thread.

Something else you might look into are hubcentric rings. If the wheel bore is larger than the hub (as is often the case), adding the correct hubcentric ring can keep the wheel fitted snugly. Not absolutely critical, but it does help prevent balancing issues from relying on centering by the lugs alone.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
you can get thin spline drive lug nuts from advance and autozone. usually in either black, pink/red, blue or silver.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. Yes I already have the hub centric rings. I just thought I could use my stock lug nuts,I was wrong,lol.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Geekdragon posted the info you need. Proper lug nut may be found locally as well. Additionally the lug nuts need to be a taper type on the bottom for those wheels. Hub centric rings are not needed with this type wheels when proper lug nuts are used and mounted properly on car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again. Got my Blue tuner lug nuts at auto zone. They look great on the black rims. Now for the tires next week,woo hoo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts