Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 Turbo and want to add some power. So far I have an AFDynamics intake and a muffler delete/glass packs.

I’m thinking about an MBRP exhaust but want to take the steps in order.

Where should I go from here to really boost my power? Everything from intakes to catch cans to tunes. What should I get and in what order? I’m new to all this and don’t want to hurt the car!

·
Registered
2014 VT Full bolt on no tune yet :(
15 Posts
as you probably know 2013s werent the best for power as they had weaker engines. But I would start with a downpipe next or catch can, wastegate solenoid, elantra 60mm throttle body, front mount intercooler and then lastly a tune. I would save tune for last as you will have to usually pay extra for each revision after new part is installed.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
Goals and use of car will dictate the mods needed. Current status of the car will dictate what is needed and in what order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as you probably know 2013s werent the best for power as they had weaker engines. But I would start with a downpipe next or catch can, wastegate solenoid, elantra 60mm throttle body, front mount intercooler and then lastly a tune. I would save tune for last as you will have to usually pay extra for each revision after new part is installed.
[/QUOTE]
what would you rate the wastegate solenoid install difficulty? 1 being easy and 10 being hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goals and use of car will dictate the mods needed. Current status of the car will dictate what is needed and in what order.
I’m getting a new motor for the car in a few months. I don’t need crazy power, but I would like a noticeable increase. Let’s say it’s at 210hp (I think it is) I’d be happy getting it to the 270s at least. Is that considered an exponential increase?

·
Registered
2014 VT Full bolt on no tune yet :(
15 Posts
what would you rate the wastegate solenoid install difficulty? 1 being easy and 10 being hard.
[/QUOTE]
I would say its no more than a 2 difficulty. It is in a tight spot so i would suggest taking the front passenger wheel and undertray off as its easier that way. I would also suggest doing it while the car is cold since it is right up against the block. I made that mistake and burned my hand LOL

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
397 Posts
270 is about FBO depending on how you're managing heat.

2/10... and 1.5 of that is figuring out which hoses go where lol. Some 10mm's and needle nose pliers for the hose clamps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I have a 2013 Turbo and want to add some power. So far I have an AFDynamics intake and a muffler delete/glass packs.

Where should I go from here to really boost my power? Everything from intakes to catch cans to tunes. What should I get and in what order? I’m new to all this and don’t want to hurt the car!
How much power are you looking to make? Or maybe how much are you willing to spend? I getting about 340 350whp but it was not cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I would suggest setting a hp goal them it will be much easier to figure out where or what to do next. Or you could end up getting a bunch of stuff that does not work well together.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
204 Posts
There's a thread on this topic already, but to sum it up in order:
TIRES.
Tork pipe
rigid collars
intake
WG solenoid/BOV solenoid
rear torsion bar
downpipe/exhaust
CATCH CANS
coilovers
Intercooler
tune (+spark plugs and coils)
BRAKES
bigger turbo

anything after this you either know what you're doing already or someone is building it for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a heavily modded 2013 that will beat Challengers & Chargers...I recommend like another guy said- catless downpipe, 60mm throttle body, catch can is nice, ...if you can afford it do a lightweight flywheel mod & stage 2 clutch ( I did that & HOLY SMOKE does it Rev quick!!) . Do a coolant bypass when u do the throttle body mod- it'll cool off you IAT's quite a bit. Also- i recommend a complete hotpipe mod vs the tq pipe. Whiteline lower motor mount was a huge performance mod too. Keeps the engine from moving around which = power loss. Oh, & HKS 45 plugs! Think TQ motorsports has em still. Factory plugs are way too hot!!

I have a lightweight crank pulley from NST that I ended up taking off & is for sale if you can't afford the flywheel mod. I'll let it go for like $70. $130 new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts