Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi-
Here's my 2016 Pacific blue VT/DCT. I just got it earlier this month. I'd like to put some very thin (1/2" or so) wide contrasting color (thinking red or yellow) accent strips on some of the leading edges of things like that black plastic lip spoiler thing under the front grill, along the bottoms of the rocker panels, maybe a splash where mud guards would be, that kind of stuff...maybe some on the scallops in the hood, etc. Just a few splashes of a contrasting color to separate mine from the couple of other Pacific blues I see around me. What's the best material for doing this sort of thing? In my mind, I'm thinking a good quality 3M vinyl tape or something, but I haven't started looking at products or anything. I figured here would be a good place for some advice on what kind(s) of materials to use, and if anyone wants to give their opinion on good accent colors or fresh areas to put some color, I'm totally open to hearing those.

Bottom mess showcases my impeccable skills at MS Paint to show approx the areas I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
I’m from the “make it quick & fast before making it loud and flashy” school. Functional mods should be done prior to making it quick/fast.

If you want your VT1 to stand out, get some quality lightweight wheels that fit correctly, which helps performance in more than one aspect and doesn’t affect the warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not trying to be too loud & flashy, I'm really just hoping to get the beautiful blue to "pop" a little bit and to differentiate mine from the other blue ones. Right now, this is the easiest "mod" that's achievable with all factors considered (time,weather,finances,space to do the work, etc on and on.) I'm just wondering if there's a product specifically engineered for this type of application, or should I just find a color I like in a decent quality vinyl tape at Ace Hardware of something and go to town?

I promise that more functional mods are in the works as the factors listed above are taken care of. Wheels are a good way to make mine stand out, but again at the moment I'm not financially in a spot where I can drop $400+ right now, i"m more in the $15.00 spot for mods lol. I'm planning for the walnut shell media top end cleaning and a catch can with my first little major $$ outlay in the middle of January, then the rear end suspension tweaks and intake in Spring, then later exhaust/downpipe/bov etc hopefully this summer, etc...

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
319 Posts
Pin striping will do the job and there is different widths of striping available.
The red would look good as you've pictured with your MS Paint skills and would definitely look good if done correctly.

I'm also one of function over design but completely understand the need to stand apart from the crowd in a tasteful way.

Go for it and post up some pictures when done. The contrast will look good but you'll be the final judge of that. ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts