Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need advice on these wheel specs and tires I’m planning to put on my 2014 Veloster.

I’ve done some research on these forums and it has helped me quite a bit. I wanted some advice and better understanding on this specific setup.

I have three options on the same wheel but different offsets:

1. 18x8.5 ET +40 5x114.3
2. 18x8.5 ET +45 5x114.3
3. 18x8.5 ET +38 5x114.3

Now my question is, which offset would fit better without brakes/fender becoming an issue? I don’t mind a slight poke from the fender but not anything too aggressive either.

Another question is, which tire would fit best with a little stretch?

I was thinking in between 225/40/R18 or 235/40/R18

Lastly, I would like to note I will be lowering it with K Sport Coilovers.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated. Personal experience with a similar setup, etc.

Pictures are also worth a thousand words, thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can check out fitmentindustries.com they have all types of wheel configurations for your car. Or you can search here. They have discussed this in depth.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
FB groups are full of pics as well.

The +38 and a 225 will have best fitment and a little tire stretch. More narrow and/or shorter tire will have more stretch.

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Go +45 and 245/40R/18. +38 with an 8.5” width wheel will poke and rub if lowered.

This also keeps positive scrub radius change to a minimum. Too much added scrub radius and you get more torque steer on hard acceleration plus unstable hard braking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts