Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I ordered my Starter Pack from Turbosocks just over two weeks ago, I have sent two emails (one after a week, one last weekend) and one message through Instagram (this morning before work) trying to just get an ETA on when it may ship. I have worked at a shop that manufactured specialty parts for BMW’s so I’m not even expecting the parts here yet but I would love to know that my order is at least being handled. It has been sitting in ‘Awaiting Processing’ the whole time. My order number is 6117.

This is my first order with Turbosocks and my first parts on order for the car, I’m not asking the world, I just want a reply that my order is being handled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They are located in Michigan. I ordered a Pierce motorsports rear torsion bar from them a while back and it took weeks for it to arrive. I had the same issue as you. I kept trying to contact them and get a status on the order and I never got a response. Lousy vendor as far as I'm concerned. I'll never order a thing from them again.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2013 M/T VELOSTER TURBO

PERFORMANCE- SXTH Remote tune, SXTH SRI 3.5" intake, Maganaflow catback exhaust, Pierce high flow catted downpipe, XORCP, 60MM Throttle body with spacer, XWEK, XORHP, XPVS, Tork fuel line, HKS M45 plugs, Forge BOV, Turbo Tech Racing lower engine mount, PUP 5W30, Cerma engine, nano and transmission treatments

SUSPENSION- Pierce strut bar, Pierce 2 point lower tie bar, Pierce rear torsion bar

EXTERIOR- Diode Dynamics 6000K HID bulbs, Diode Dynamics led fog lights, Premium Auto Styling tint overlays for rear deflectors and amber

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't expect a reply or to even see an update on the tracking number. My stuff shipped about a week after receiving the tracking number.

Here’s my recent experience with Turbosocks. Now, I don’t have any post on here because I’m new to the forum and the Veloster world. I purchased my car and then after joining and reading a few things, I couldn’t wait to purchase some parts and it looked like the easiest and best thing was to purchase from Turbosocks. There were a lot of people talking about them and they were posting a lot as well.
So, I did…. Purchased the 3.5” intake, oil catch can, resonator delete, and Turbo XS blow off valve. I also purchased outside of that, a catless down pipe. Price wise, everything seemed reasonable. I only discovered afterwards, the oil catch can posted on the site is a 3 port, described as a 2 port, and sold for 150. Now, it’s made by Mishimoto and the 3 port is 127 and the two port is 155 directly so, the price of the 3 ports is cheaper.
Now for the experience.
I placed my order on July 7th at 10:53am. Now I understand that the intakes are, made to order, and it says to allow up to 10 days for shipping. On July 18th I received an email with the tracking number for USPS. On the 23rd I hadn’t received anything so I asked for an update with no response.
On the 24th, I received a box from FedEx. After seeing the box and that it came from Turbosocks, I figured something was wrong with the tracking and that is why it never updated. I opened it up and found the pipe for the intake and nothing else. So, I sent another email. I received a reply telling me that the intake ships from the warehouse, and the rest ships from us (Turbosocks). Following that was another saying that his wife finally shipped it out yesterday (23rd) and that he had to make new brackets…….
The package arrived on the 26th, USPS priority mail, and contained the oil catch can, air filter, brackets, hoses, resonator delete but was missing the blow off valve. So, I sent another email. That reply was; it was supposed to drop ship to you. Arrived at our place last night. Going back out today priority to you. Sorry for the confusion.
Priority usually takes 2-3 days, the huge box arrived in 2 so I waited until Saturday. I put everything else on Saturday and figured it would arrived with the mail; it didn’t. So I left the front clip off the car and figured Monday. It didn’t show up then either so I figured since I was working Monday and Tuesday I would just wait. Well it didn’t come Tuesday either so I sent an email. After not receiving a response or the blow off valve by Wednesday afternoon, I sent a question mark follow up. After nothing following that I sent an email asking for an update and some form of communication as to where it was.
Thursday morning I received an email in response saying “it was shipped on Monday/Tuesday, I’m looking for the tracking on it right now” followed by an email 1 minute later “I gave it to shipping on Friday or Saturday of last week and it shipped with our first pickup this week.” Um…………….ok.
So again priority mail, 2 days from Michigan to my location……….shipped a 3 pound box priority in 2 days but a 1.5lb box still has not arrived in 4…..AND never got that tracking.
I’m sure that in the beginning this business took off and was doing very well. The products are great, don’t get me wrong on that but I think he’s either getting to a point where he’s overwhelmed or just doesn’t care, not sure, hopefully overworked. The lack in communication is the biggest issue I have. I don’t care if it’s not coming for 6 months, just tell me it’s gonna be 6 months and I can deal with it. But don’t tell me it shipped 6 days ago with no response then come up with 2 different days as to when it shipped; after I send 3 emails requesting an update after I just paid you almost 500 dollars. Communication is everything. When you have no tracking information, items are drop shipped, and there’s no packing list with the products; you need some form of communication or information letting people know that from the start.
Something like "Hey, please allow at least 2 weeks before the items ship, some items will be drop shipped so they will not all arrive at the same time. Once they do ship, please allow at least another week for shipping. There is a good chance you will not receive the items for a total of 4 weeks."
So if you’ve read all this, I typed it before I received my blow off valve which arrived today on August 4th. I decided to look and see when it left the “shipping” department……….Well from the name on the box I’m assuming the shipping department is his wife and it didn’t ship out on Thursday……or the first of the week……It shipped out (label was printed) Wednesday, August 1st, the day I got the email saying it had already shipped out in the beginning of the week.
I’m sure some fan boys will knock the post and that’s fine. I’m sure Turbosocks means well……..but piss poor communication……….just not for me! Good luck in the future!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making this post here for my reference..

7/14: Ordered 9am
7/22: First Email Sent (No Reply)
7/30: Second Email Sent (No Reply)
8/1: Shipping Label Created (9am)
8/6: Still in Pre Shipment Status

Still no reply through email, here or Instagram. No updates on my shipping, tracking number shows up as USPS but says it still hasn’t been delivered to a USPS facility.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Making this post here for my reference..

7/14: Ordered 9am
7/22: First Email Sent (No Reply)
7/30: Second Email Sent (No Reply)
8/1: Shipping Label Created (9am)
8/6: Still in Pre Shipment Status

Still no reply through email, here or Instagram. No updates on my shipping, tracking number shows up as USPS but says it still hasn’t been delivered to a USPS facility.
With Turbosocks shipped notifications are bs. It won’t go anywhere for awhile or respond back. Definitely one of the worst vendors, besides basically everything can be bought elsewhere cheaper.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
The common thread with nearly every situation like this regarding shipping/tracking slow or nonexistent is the customer does little to no research on a given company unfortunately. Hopefully everything works out in the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts