Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which specific 6-speed automatic transmission will be used in the Veloster Turbo? I tried a search, but nothing useful popped up. Is it the same as that offered in other current Hyundai products? I'm trying to anticipate what the shift quality, rev matching, red-line holding attributes, etc., might be. I'm sure that detailed road tests will eventually provide the data - but I am curious NOW. Please - no 6MT versus 6AT lectures - all I am looking for is hard data.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would think it would feel like a Sonata, but I have no real clue, I know squat about auto trannies
In theory we know the VT does not have the DCT of the NA V because the torque is so much higher
Then I look at the ft-lb ratings for the Elantra, nope, not high enough, then I look at the Sonata and wonder...
I just get the feeling Hyundai would not have developed a unique/new plain auto tranny just for this car for what might only be for a year or two until they develop a stronger DCT
I may be all wrong, but that's what I'm thinking

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've never seen any official word on which model of automatic transmission is being used. But being that it is a conventional automatic, Hyundai is more than likely going to adapt it from one of their other front wheel drive vehicles (as 3H2H1 stated; probably from the Sonata).

Hopefully soon someone can provide the data. I am curious what the overdrive gear ratio is as well as the stall RPM's of the torque converter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts