Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice win for auto but seems race from a roll manual wins
And as fwd owners I think we can agree, it’s all about the roll race not the dig.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes Mr Pokémon. It’s Matthew, Mark, Luke, John then YouTube video of Veloster Auto vs Manual.
Not specifically you, sorry. I just had a run in with a guy on YouTube saying you get more/faster boost by recirculating your after market BOV...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not specifically you, sorry. I just had a run in with a guy on YouTube saying you get more/faster boost by recirculating your after market BOV...
I live by the dude who made a video on doing this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Haha yeah I'm sure it's the same one. 845 Motorsport front mount.
Anyway. I like their videos for the most part.
Haha yup, i tried to tell him, that hot air wasnt good up in there plus intake temps as well, but hes was like nawww...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a '14 auto and love it :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 14 VT auto as well, but found out motor is a 13. Check the plate on the door to see when it was made. Had to limit tune so as not to leave my rods along I 40! Blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
lets recirculate that hot air back up in our intake lol yayyyy!!! that's hott !

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 14 VT auto as well, but found out motor is a 13. Check the plate on the door to see when it was made. Had to limit tune so as not to leave my rods along I 40! Blessings, Whiz
I can see people are scared with the '13. I got that one despite all the horror stories. The car is fine and the AT in it is great, but I might be biased, coming from driving a manual car for a decade and just had enough daily point A<-->B driving with heavy traffic on the way back.
The car is fine, it's just picky about mods. And as far as mods go, I'm keeping it stock anyway, despite stuff like fuel line upgrade, spark plugs, maybe a cat-back down the road.
Plus I hardly ever race it, just zombie-like highway cruising most of the time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a 2015 Auto & drive 90% of the time using my paddles. The TCU gets better and better at learning how I use it & I think the VT has an excellent Auto trans IMO

·
Banned
22 Posts
I can see people are scared with the '13. I got that one despite all the horror stories. The car is fine and the AT in it is great, but I might be biased, coming from driving a manual car for a decade and just had enough daily point A<-->B driving with heavy traffic on the way back.
The car is fine, it's just picky about mods. And as far as mods go, I'm keeping it stock anyway, despite stuff like fuel line upgrade, spark plugs, maybe a cat-back down the road.
Plus I hardly ever race it, just zombie-like highway cruising most of the time.
I have a 2013 VT that is bone stock and has been maintained perfectly. I got a close look at my engine internals last week when they blew out of my engine, so I would disagree about the 2013 VT being fine. There is likely a significant design/manufacturing flaw in the pistons and/or connecting rods, which explains why so many of them go bang.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The 13 and early 14 auto VT is not the cars to have for sure. Especially without doing proper mods/maintenance n such that can prevent catastrophic failures.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts