Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I demanded the tint when I bought the car ;-) ... so I got a coupon and I'll be doing mine this Sat.

This is the 2nd time I've done this to my cars. I did not to my Speed6, but I think it will alleviate the temperature during Houston summer plus it may look nice with the white paint.

Which one should I pick and what type? I've read 35% all around may look classy and nice, but I am afraid of being "too light". On the other hand, I do not want problems with cops, plus do not want to risk what it's now costing zero, because it's a coupon.

Any suggestions? ....

·
Registered
375 Posts
personally i like it darker in the back and legal in the front, but its all preference. i went 35% front, 5% on all the rest. it definately makes a big temperature difference. just make sure they use a quality film thats color stable & non metalized so it doesnt interfere with the radio/gps antenna, and so it doesnt fade and change color

·
Registered
179 Posts
20 % on top rear hatch...that will match the oem sunroof if you have one and 35 % on the sides.

Works good in Arizona.

Hyundai 3.jpg

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I did 30% ceramic sides and back with 20% ceramic on the large hatch glass to match the sunroof, also. 35% is legal where I live but I understand that the 30% ceramic is close enough.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i used to live in texas, and i got mine tinted with 25%, i think thats the legal limit. correct me if im wrong but the 25% was perfect.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may pick 30%.

Now, not sure if they will complain about asking for ceramic or an specific product as this is a free voucher. You know how those companies are : "yeah, the free voucher is for this particular product. Anything different you will have to pay difference" blah , blah ...

I'll play dumb and see what happens ...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I thought legal limit for TX was 35% ... hmmmm...

If the factory window come with zero tint, I may put 25% instead, as long as it does not make the rear window too dark; I hate driving during the night and see only lights because a bad or too dark tint.

Disclaimer: I use prescription glasses, lol ...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm in Infinity Tint and Alarm , Houston.

I'll never, ever, bring any if my cars, here again. The old lady in the front has no idea of how to treat a customer. I just Google the site and it looks she acts that way all the time.

I'm doing it because it's "free" or got a voucher.

-- UPDATE --

They just finished the installation. The quality looks really good, but the tint is actually kind of light? It may be the angle, I do not know. I'll try to take some pictures later during the day.

Also, the son (or husband, not sure) was really polite to me. But the old lady in the front is really rude. If it was not because I had a voucher, I probably would pick a different place for my tint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts