Veloster Turbo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,231 Posts
Got my pulleys yesterday. Thanks. I will install when I get a chance and will post a review once I do.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Received my Crank Pulley today,Thank you again. I think USPS ripped you off charging for 2 day Priority. Other than that ,what is the proper torque setting for this? From the Hyundai Manual it states: Crankshaft pulley bolt ( then the line splits into two lines) top line show 11T 94.0 to 101.3 lb-ft
The bottom line 12T shows 34.0 to 38.3 lb-ft + 38 degrees to 42 degrees. Which is the proper one for the VT, or just use one or the other?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got them installed today. Tried to upload pics, but keeps failing to upload. They look great and easy to install.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Was the oem crank pulley easy to remove?
Don't want to have to get a kit for something that will only be done once (hopefully)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
37 Posts
I pulled the bolt out of it and sprayed some penetrate lube on it. Let it set while I changed oil and did the water pump pully. It almost fell off when I bumped it putting on the wp pully.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Noticed faster revs, more TQ, and the auto trans is shifting faster :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found a spec of 34.7-37.6 lbft + 38-42 degrees for crank bolt, and 7.2-8.7 lbft for water pump pulley bolts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I may have gone a touch tighter on the WP pulley. Used a ratchet wrench. But the install for both was horribly easy.
uploadfromtaptalk1457953492451.jpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
200 miles after installing my crank pulley popped off. Was torqued to spec, new bolt, and lock tight were used.

Raining like a mofo will post pix/damage later

·
Registered
301 Posts
200 miles after installing my crank pulley popped off. Was torqued to spec, new bolt, and lock tight were used.

Raining like a mofo will post pix/damage later

Just be glad it didnt snap the dowel pin off when it fell off, that's what happened to me :-(

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
That is very odd, and should definitely not happen if the OEM torque spec is used, especially with a new crank bolt.
Please email NST with your name, order info, and any photos and we'd be happy to look at your case.

Thank you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here's the damage. The pin is in tact but it did a number on the pulley.

20160314_220806.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here's the damage. The pin is in tact but it did a number on the pulley.

View attachment 51943
mine didn't shave that much off but it could have and looked like it was starting to. definitely recommend a new bolt and/or some locktite to do this install.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.