Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so on a scale of one to ten how screwed am I?
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Shelf Rim Gas

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELL you have it out of the car, so not very screwed!

weld a nut to it and spin it out, drill it and use an extractor.
Ah. I don't have a welder or a friend that has one, and all of my drill bits are both hand-held and not quite hard enough to drill through it. Rather than go out and try it myself, I've taken it to a machine shop. No estimate on when they can get to it, but here's hoping it's soon

Fun thats the same one that snapped for me when putting on downpipe :(. Took my turbo to machine shop drilled out and put new stud in.
It's the absolute worst one. I even put a torch to it beforehand and let it soak in liquid wrench for 12 hours🤷‍♂️. Guess it was meant to be. At any rate, it's getting replaced with some ARP studs so this will hopefully never happen again

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought I'd conclude the thread. Machine shop removed the stud without needing to re-tap the housing. 60 bucks for a half hour of labor. ARP stud screwed right in with no issues. All of the studs now have some high-temp anti-seize on the studs and nuts. I have a feeling I'll need to pull the turbo again at some point. Gotta look out for future me, after all.

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 3 of 3 Posts