Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 black R-Spec, but I had to do some looking around. The only dealerships I could find that had them were over an hour away, and my local dealership was not able to order one. He did say that he would be able to have it transferred by one of the other dealerships but they were going to charge more. I ended up getting it at one of the dealerships over an hour away, but it got me thinking. I know Hyundai said that the Rally edition coming is limited production, but could not find anything about the R-Spec. Is it limited production or do dealerships just not want to carry MT only cars?

·
Registered
478 Posts
They weren't limited production. Pretty sure VTs in general are harder to find right now because the 2016s will be rolling out soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Because few people want a base model car. An R-Spec appeals to a limited group of people, so why stock a car that wont sell?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They did limit the number of Rspecs.
Any idea how many per year?

Because few people want a base model car. An R-Spec appeals to a limited group of people, so why stock a car that wont sell?
I dissagre that it is a base model and that's why. A NA barebones Veloster is the base model. Yes they cut features out of the r spec that are available in the turbo but also added thinfs (short shifter , red seats, suspension differences ).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Any idea how many per year?

I dissagre that it is a base model and that's why. A NA barebones Veloster is the base model. Yes they cut features out of the r spec that are available in the turbo but also added thinfs (short shifter , red seats, suspension differences ).

Its good to be limited.lol. I had many fully equipt cars and trucks and I end up not needing those extra toys. My favorite vehicles with half the frills. My R Spec fit my bill what I was looking for.

Reactions: Sail_Home

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the limited amount of R spec models has more to do with dealer buying habits.. dealers buy what they know they can move.. quickly and with the highest profit.. It why you will see a lot of black gray and white cars on the lot and most will be mid to top spec models with every dealer option on it.. and 98% auto.. even the Sporty cars.. like the Veloster and Gen coupes will be in muted colors with autos and loaded to hilt.. ( exceptions will be the car in the show room in a wild colors and it will be 10 grand over any car on the lot) The R spec Veloster is a low content car with a stick.. now wile people like us love that.. its a albatross on a dealer lot.. My 6speed Wagon was the same deal.. it had been on the lot 5 months has 3 miles on it and had never been test driven.. but there were like 10 black and white auto coups and wagons on the lot.. each had at least 30 to 70 miles on them.. and were loaded to the hilt.. our community is a nich in a nich market.. if you want an r spec go order the one you want from a dealer you want.. and set on the price then.. you get the same deals and you get what you want.. if you are buying a new car..a performance car.. always do it this way.. you never know how hard that car was driven or how bad the clutch was slipped in a test drive..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the limited amount of R spec models has more to do with dealer buying habits.. dealers buy what they know they can move.. quickly and with the highest profit.. It why you will see a lot of black gray and white cars on the lot and most will be mid to top spec models with every dealer option on it.. and 98% auto.. even the Sporty cars.. like the Veloster and Gen coupes will be in muted colors with autos and loaded to hilt.. ( exceptions will be the car in the show room in a wild colors and it will be 10 grand over any car on the lot) The R spec Veloster is a low content car with a stick.. now wile people like us love that.. its a albatross on a dealer lot.. My 6speed Wagon was the same deal.. it had been on the lot 5 months has 3 miles on it and had never been test driven.. but there were like 10 black and white auto coups and wagons on the lot.. each had at least 30 to 70 miles on them.. and were loaded to the hilt.. our community is a nich in a nich market.. if you want an r spec go order the one you want from a dealer you want.. and set on the price then.. you get the same deals and you get what you want.. if you are buying a new car..a performance car.. always do it this way.. you never know how hard that car was driven or how bad the clutch was slipped in a test drive..
Standard transmissions are going the way of the dodo unfortunately. It took me a solid two months to find the car I wanted in the right color, trans, interior, and packages. I ended up having to 'claim' it while it was still on a ship from Korea because it simply didn't exist on a lot in the states. I can't count the times the various salespeople I spoke with tried to get me into an automatic. I had three criteria that were mandatory and they would always try and bend one of them for the sake of a car on the lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I work at a Hyundai Dealership and I can say yes, R-SPEC's are a lot more scares than the VT. I drove 120 miles round trip to get mine and bring it back so I could buy it from my store (called a dealertrade, we do it a lot). I'm going to try and get a hold of someone at Hyundai to get production numbers on the 14 R-SPEC, Ill keep everyone up to date as I learn more.

Someone above hit it on the head also, manuals are not selling very good right now. My manger try's to get more auto's. Right now my store has two 15 auto VT's and one stick.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I work at a Hyundai Dealership and I can say yes, R-SPEC's are a lot more scares than the VT. I drove 120 miles round trip to get mine and bring it back so I could buy it from my store (called a dealertrade, we do it a lot). I'm going to try and get a hold of someone at Hyundai to get production numbers on the 14 R-SPEC, Ill keep everyone up to date as I learn more.

Someone above hit it on the head also, manuals are not selling very good right now. My manger try's to get more auto's. Right now my store has two 15 auto VT's and one stick.
While your at it, can you get production numbers of all 14 VTs? Hyundai USA sales figures groups all velosters into one group, including the NAV. Would be interesting to see the actual turbo sales.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Both make sense. Would love to know the numbers, thanks !

·
Registered
326 Posts

Mine ended up being a dealertrade as well.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dealer trade here as well... hmm. Apparently they sent them all to the wrong locations.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There were a couple dealers around me that had em, all about a half hour away in all different directions. But only one that met my criteria. Had to be a '15, and had to be black or white. Got lucky, only one dealer had a '15 and it was in black. Took it home that same week.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts