Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an avid drag racer for a number of years. Finally talked my wife into running her car down the track. She had an absolute blast. We got there a little late, so we only got to make two time runs before being called to the lanes for eliminations.

The first time run, I drove and she sat in the passenger seat while I was explaining everything I was doing. The second run, she drove while I sat in the passenger seat going over what she needed to do and answering any questions. Car ran exactly the same both times... 15.36.

So for eliminations, I was figuring by taking 165 lbs out of the car (me), it would pick up a tenth and a half. I thought I was playing it safe dialing her in at 15.15 (two full tenths quicker than both time runs). Well, she went a little quicker than I anticipated, so she lost on a breakout. She went [email protected] mph. That was with nearly a full tank of gas, some junk in the trunk, no playing with tire pressures, bone stock, etc. We are going back next week to bring home a 14-second time slip. :)

Here is the video and timeslip (she was car #84 in the left lane):

·
Registered
566 Posts
Awesome my vt is fully bolted and tuned and I'm only running mid 14s

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Our cars pick up a ton with weight reduction. You made some good times!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very cool. dont fiddle with tire psi on street radials. keep fronts at rate pressure and max out the rears.

R

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very cool. dont fiddle with tire psi on street radials. keep fronts at rate pressure and max out the rears.

R
Make up your mind... don't fiddle with them, or max them out? :p

I fully intended to max out the rears. Actually, I run them OVER max spec at the drag strip because they never get hot.

Our track is great for prep, and the car dead-hooked every pass (it's an auto, so it's a dog out of the hole). Therefore, I will bump up the pressures in the front tires as well. I believe in running as high a pressure in the drive tires as traction will allow. Why create more rolling resistance than necessary?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts