Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I got a question so yesterday I bought 245/45/18 and my wheel set up is 18x9.5 +35 and I’m on stock ride height but I was wondering if there is anybody out there that knows if they’re too big?

Also my tires right now are 225/40/18 and they don’t rub at all on the fender or fender liner because they’re stretched but it’s still a somewhat a tight fit and the new tires increase the diameter by about .75 inches both ways. And if I have to I might have to take the fender liner out and I’m wondering if that’ll affect anything?

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,486 Posts
Do you know if there is any way of being able to make it fit?
Those tires on those wheels will fit on the car if you do not have to turn much or have much suspension travel at all. But if these occur they will 100% rub.

That tire is simply too big for the car at oem height especially on those wheel specs. Those wheels will only allow 225 or maybe a 235 tire to be used on the car if around 25" tall area or shorter.

So, you need a different tire 100% and may consider different wheel setup depending on what you want to fit and the look you want etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts