Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of tinting my windows myself. Has anyone come across and pre-cut kits that have decent film?
State law says - "light transmittance of no less than 35 percent plus or minus three percent."
So, I'd like to be legit as possible with the drivers is and passenger side. But, would like to go darker on the back.

I here the Johnson Film is pretty good, but I can't find where to find it. How is 3M?

Anyone on the forum that could point me in a good direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks GIB

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good Luck is all I can say. I have tried in my younger years to tint my own cars some came out fine some not so much.

Side windows are cake back window sucks unless you do it everyday.

I have my cars done professionally now with Llumar Tint (Only tint I'll ever use again). 200-250 bucks is well worth my not getting aggravated and it comes lifetime warrantied

Reactions: Gibwhiskey

·
Registered
25 Posts
As gsrdude states good luck.... I too would pay for it again 250 is average here in Texas. And yes if you get it professionally done you get a warrantee :) and you wont be kicking yourself in the butt when the bubbles start to appear down the road...

Reactions: Gibwhiskey

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great advice guys.thank you

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I never tried myself. But it just looks like something that would take multiple times to master. And ain't nobody got time for that. I paid about 250 for mine on my VT. If if anything happens to it, it is fixed on their dime and time. But if nothing happens after 5 days, it is set for life.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Some things are best left up to professionals with a "knack" for doing certain things which take a certain finesse. Tinting is one of those things. I have used the same "Ziebart" franchise for decades. Very reasonable, fast, and results that last for the life of the car.

·
Banned
4,688 Posts
I would not recommend tinting yourself unless you're a professional.

As far as film, I've always used the basic tint the shop has offered and haven't had issues.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked up ..dot matrix, that's great to know. If I take it somewhere to have it done, I will look out for that.
Thanks again - Gib

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 21 Posts