Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner for 6 months, the car is garage kept, so not out in the elements except at work really.. A few times since purchase, after a rain, i open the door to leave work and notice some water in the floorboard. never paid it much mind until it kept happening, never a large amount so i assumed it ran in from the roof as i opened the door. I did check the door seals for possible tears or bad seals, and noted nothing there as a cause. Recently my husband and I were on vacation, after checking out of hotel, I opened my door to find a huge water puddle in the floorboard. just on the drivers side though. It had came a torrential downpour during the night... after inspecting every possibility, my only conclusion is that there is either a hole in the firewall that can be reached from just above the hood in the wiper arm/motor area, and that hole leads to above the pedal area, as the pedals were also wet... i cannot find a black hole even with a flashlight shining topside. any possibility i have a bad windshield seal?? anybody else heard of, or experienced this same issue??

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
do you have a sunroof?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes.... i have a sunroof. no. it is not wet on the seats, or the console area, or anywhere on the passenger side.

it was dripping off the pedals in the floorboard. the leak, is not from the sunroof. not sure where exact spot it is, but it is not.... the sunroof.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have some inside the car with a flashlight and someone outside with a garden hose flowing on sunroof and windshield, probably the sunroof drain hose leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts