Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer is almost over and soon we’ll be having some of the white flaky stuff that we love to have on the ski slopes but hate to have on the roads. So why not start talking about winter tire options for our VTs since the stock tires don’t stand a chance to make it through winter.

Unfortunately the only winter tires available in 215/40-18 are “Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II Run Flat” tires which won’t work for us so just checked tirerack.com Winter / Snow Tires and the recommended size options are 205/60-15, 205/55-16, and 215/45-17

The 15” and 16” wheel size tire options help us try the “Police Cruiser” look for a few months using steelies but put almost 1/2” less rubber on the road when it’s most needed. Does anyone know about any 215-R15 or R16 tires that we can use?

I’m considering the 17” wheel tire option with painted alloy wheels to keep the same amount of rubber on the road and also the "Cool" look.

·
Registered
407 Posts
15 will NOT fit. 16 must be trial fitted as not all will work either. Also, don't forget to order the hubcentric adapters for your new rims.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I ave a quote for 17" steel wheels with blizzaks. They are required to add the tpms sensors if the car has that capability, so $1200 out the door.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
205/55/16 Hankook iPike W409 winters on 16" Tucson alloy wheels. Tires are awesome in the snow and the wheels fit perfect and look decent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm running the Hankook iCepts on 16".
Great ride. Performs pretty well in the snow, predictable. Not as great as the iPikes for purely snow/ice driving but the tradeoff is that the iCepts run a bit quieter and smoother when the roads are clear, and at highway speeds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts