Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently started having a rough idle when starting my VT. I know it’s not the coils or ignition coils because they’re all brand new and installed properly. I did notice that the wiring harness that connects to the coil on the first cylinder is damaged. Does anyone know a way to repair it? If not possible does anyone know where I can buy a new wiring harness/pigtail connector?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,315 Posts
Post the specific plug, gaps, coils. Also check/scan for codes. Post pics of the damage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post the specific plug, gaps, coils. Also check/scan for codes. Post pics of the damage.
I made a typo earlier. All the spark plugs* and coils are brand new from auto zone. The gaps are .032. The coils are the Delphi brand. The spark plugs are the Autolite XP Iridium. When I scanned my car the codes that came up were P0301 Engine Misfire.

·
Administrator
6,315 Posts
You want oem coils from hyundai kia mobis and if oem tune you want the oem ngk plugs from a 16+ VT and gap to .028". What does the damage look like?

Reactions: Sean_r_spec

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You want oem coils from hyundai kia mobis and if oem tune you want the oem ngk plugs from a 16+ VT and gap to .028". What does the damage look like?
Ahh okay I’ll make sure to buy OEM Plugs and Coils. I can’t take photos of the damage right now, but the clip attached to the wiring harness lacks the yellow plastic interior and the rubber seal. This has led to the two metal connectors (the ones attached to the wire) to be exposed and potentially damaged. I tested the metal connectors inside the clip and it has current running through them.

·
Administrator
6,315 Posts
Get a harness section from a wrecked car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,116 Posts
which part exactly is broken, can you take a photo? some of the coil harness you can get from ebay, and just replace the connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.