Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some help. I installed a stage 2.5 wmi kit from snow performance about a month ago. I have the resevoir tank and pump in the rear of the truck with an adequate drop from the resevoir to the pump.

Im injecting into a tb spacer from kdm so i have a solenoid inbetween the pump and the injection site. I thought everything was working fine because i could hear the pump turning on when i hit the desired psi but my resevoir tank is still full after 680 miles driven.

I was able to use the purge function on the kit and am able to purge all the way through to right before the solenoid but not past. Solenoid is hooked up correctly as fra as the in and out portion is concerned.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Will it spray out nozzle without the solenoid attached?
Will it spray out nozzle with solenoid attached?
Did you clean out the system components before installation?
Is everything installed properly?
What nozzle is being used?
What power does the car make?
What fluid being used?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it spray out nozzle without the solenoid attached?
Will it spray out nozzle with solenoid attached?
Did you clean out the system components before installation?
Is everything installed properly?
What nozzle is being used?
What power does the car make?
What fluid being used?
I did clean out the system before hooking it up. I did not try to hook up nozzle before solenoid i do know it purges up to there tho. Thats something ill have to test when i get off work. The car has alot of bolt on stuff but has not been tuned so im assumin pretty close to stock whp have not tested it.

Im using the snow performance 50 50 mix i believe its called boost juice. It has a size 4 nozzle which i believe is 250ml because thats the smallest one the kit had.

As far as i and my friend can tell everything is installed properly. I did everything according to there provided instructions and chart.

·
Administrator
5,652 Posts
You want to eliminate things to know what the issue is causing it not to spray. This should be done with nozzle out of the vehicle just to clarify.

Is this on a VT or a truck? You mentioned truck in the first post but car now.

Regardless on a 50% mix, which should not be boost juice, the nozzle output you want to shoot for is 1 cc/min/bhp. Distilled water and VP M1 is the best things to use in the kit. Snow rate nozzles at 100 psi usually and the kit operates around 200 psi so the nozzle output will usually be higher than the nozzle output advertised.

There are many things to know to setup properly that are not mentioned you likely do not know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You want to eliminate things to know what the issue is causing it not to spray. This should be done with nozzle out of the vehicle just to clarify.

Is this on a VT or a truck? You mentioned truck in the first post but car now.

Regardless on a 50% mix, which should not be boost juice, the nozzle output you want to shoot for is 1 cc/min/bhp. Distilled water and VP M1 is the best things to use in the kit. Snow rate nozzles at 100 psi usually and the kit operates around 200 psi so the nozzle output will usually be higher than the nozzle output advertised.

There are many things to know to setup properly that are not mentioned you likely do not know.
I apologize i meant trunk it was a typo i have a VT turbo. I will order a better nozzle for it and look up to see where i can get the vp m1.

Thabks for the advice ill start eliminating stuff and see if i can figure out what it is. I really appreciate the help.

·
Administrator
5,652 Posts
Report back with what you find and if you have any questions. Also search the forum as I have posted a good bit on water/meth injection on here already.

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
49 Posts
Unbolt the TB spacer while having the fluid line and nozzle still attached and use the “prime” feature on the controller gauge to see if any fluid sprays.
If no fluid is sprayed and you are positive of no restrictions or clogs, then it’s most certainly the solenoid that’s not operating correctly or the controller is busted.
Good luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So even when you use the prime function, the solenoid should open and close. It's a very clear audible click that, depending on where you located the solenoid, you may even be able to hear it when driving.
So you or a friend get close enough to the solenoid, and someone hit the purge / prime button. If you don't hear it click, somethings wrong.
This looks like the AEM solenoid, but Snow's sounds about the same

You're driving type / style will have something to do with it too. (Highway vs canyon runs).
What sort of boost level (PSI) is the WAI starting at? What's the boost the WAI maxes at?
If you're starting at 16 PSI and maxing at 25, you won't use much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts