Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my 2015 v turbo. I threw on a straight pipe resonator and I'm getting it tuned. I never put on a new turbo so the guy said it'll only add about 30-40 hp. From the tune and the resonator, what would you guys think the 0-60 would jump down to? This is just an estimation, but after the tune and adding the resonator, it should have around 240-250 hp.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
308 Posts
stock turbo and stock intercooler, with the proper mods you could still get to 260-280.

But even at 240-250 it'll feel so much better, you'll be really happy with that bump in power!

·
Registered
305 Posts
What transmission and tires do you have?
My guess is if you dyno it you will have 210-220 whp and your 0-60 will be 6.5 seconds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock turbo and stock intercooler, with the proper mods you could still get to 260-280.

But even at 240-250 it'll feel so much better, you'll be really happy with that bump in power!
Really looking forward to it! Thanx for the info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is if you dyno it you will have 210-220 whp and your 0-60 will be 6.5 seconds.
[/QUOTE
I have just the automatic. I'm not sure what kind of tires I got on it, but I tested the 0-60 a week ago and I got 6.7. It'd be a real shame if I got it tuned and only got a .2 difference.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have just the automatic. I'm not sure what kind of tires I got on it, but I tested the 0-60 a week ago and I got 6.7. It'd be a real shame if I got it tuned and only got a .2 difference.....
lol. 0.2 difference in 0-60 isn't nominal. There are a TON of factors at play here though. Do you experience wheelspin when launching currently? Is your tuner going to limit your power in the ranges where you experience wheelspin? See where I'm going here? It's really hard to guess. Especially when you hadn't shared your initial time you had gotten.
Maybe you will drop a half second off of your 0-60 or maybe it'll get worse.
If 0-60 is a big goal of yours then my advice would be to first figure out what tires you have and then evaluate if an upgrade there is worthwhile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No lol I wasn't saying .2 for a 0-60. I was saying I'm getting 6.7 seconds right now. And if I get it tuned and it drops it down to only 6.5 then I'ma be a little disappointed. And yeh I check and see what tires I got.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah I know. What I'm saying is that a 0.2 drop in 0-60 is pretty substantial. I wouldn't be too disappointed by that.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
Generally from a decent tune the 0-60 will drop by 1 second +/-. This can vary due to many factors though. The weakest links will always limit the results. That being said if those are the only mods then you do not need a tune yet and you're asking for issues. You may be asking for issues depending on who is doing the tuning as well even if the car is ready.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah remote tuning makes it alot easier so you get the best options without having to take a road trip 😁

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
Do watch the video posted but ignore the part where I do not have a website. I do this so people do not just buy things they may not need from a website to waste their $. Instead all talk to me to be sure they only do what they need priority first being maintenance and parts etc before tuning to ensure a safe overall setup.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ah that's an interesting idea! Counterpoint, the website is beneficial even if it's just to get in contact with you. Virtual business card. You don't need to sell anything on the website. But this is off topic :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts