Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy an aftermarket spoiler, whether it be variant or the SCW wing. doesn't seem like many of the vendors sell them anymore or they take weeks to ship out. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
Most come from overseas and are not a stocked item here in the USA so this is to be expected nowadays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my SCGW Wing over 2 months ago… Have yet to receive a shipping notification. Unfortunately for this badass wing, the longer you wait to order it.. the longer she looks naked back there

·
Registered
280 Posts
If your looking for the “variant” spoiler, it’s a knock off and doesn’t fit great. Buy it from the actual company that makes it. Dgmotorsports.com

By the way, there’s no such thing as SCGW anything, they just order from EPR lol. That’s why it’s takes so long to get to you…

·
Registered
2016 VT
31 Posts
the dg motorsports wing I got through turbosocks came unpainted in primer grey, with a poorly sanded (and very visible) seam. If you're going to get that one, see if DG themselves will/has already painted it, or be prepared to spend extra money getting it painted after you get it!

Either that or I got ripped off. Haven't heard of others having to do that. Has someone else had to do this too? Or am I the only one🙃

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
sounds like you got ripped off with a knockoff. the DG stuff is much higher quality......

Reactions: DedMemBRaiNE

·
Registered
280 Posts
sounds like you got ripped off with a knockoff. the DG stuff is much higher quality......
Yes, I’d also say a knock off through Turbosocks. I don’t trust any of these vendors, they all lie about their authenticity I believe. I had bought a HKS BOV from TS years ago and it was in fact fake, gave me problems left and right, replaced with real one and no issues. Only ever buy direct I say.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
It has been known for many years that TS sold mediocre and counterfeit parts. If someone did not know this then they did little to no research or they were a very early buyer that did not know the difference.

Also very well known that SCGW is mostly a drop ship company that deals with long delivery times.

And if anyone did not know 845 also experience long wait times for many parts, same for sxth as they sell out quickly, and even Tork and others like KDM tuners and myself have the same issues in times like now.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
205 Posts
If you want something, you're better off ordering it now or looking at FB groups for someone to sell theirs. Because your lead times are just going to be long more likely than not right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
438 Posts
I must say that I got burned more than once buying part second hand (FB), so now I would rather wait for new parts from companies I trust.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2016 VT
31 Posts
It has been known for many years that TS sold mediocre and counterfeit parts. If someone did not know this then they did little to no research or they were a very early buyer that did not know the difference.

Also very well known that SCGW is mostly a drop ship company that deals with long delivery times.

And if anyone did not know 845 also experience long wait times for many parts, same for sxth as they sell out quickly, and even Tork and others like KDM tuners and myself have the same issues in times like now.
Good to know. I bought it a couple years ago when I had very little knowledge of modding cars and hadn't looked through the forums enough. I have bought several things through TS with only one issue (the spoiler), but I am glad I know better now. It's sad that they do that, I will be buying direct from now on.

Off topic, but I am waiting for the hot pipe upgrade from 845 to come back into stock. Sounds like I'll have to find someone else selling one, or wait a long time!:confused:

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
205 Posts
Good to know. I bought it a couple years ago when I had very little knowledge of modding cars and hadn't looked through the forums enough. I have bought several things through TS with only one issue (the spoiler), but I am glad I know better now. It's sad that they do that, I will be buying direct from now on.

Off topic, but I am waiting for the hot pipe upgrade from 845 to come back into stock. Sounds like I'll have to find someone else selling one, or wait a long time!:confused:
Lol I have a sxth one I need to get rid of. You're going to have to find a new coupling though.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
I keep hot pipes in stock and best one on the market anyway for power/flow/heat dissipation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts