Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, gutted my second cat and now it's too loud and smelly. Thinking I jut bolt on another OEM cat. Otherwise maybe flowmaster 200CEL welded in.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,668 Posts
You're asking for a cat for the mid pipe but your car shouldn't have one unless it is a 16+ model year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're asking for a cat for the mid pipe but your car shouldn't have one unless it is a 16+ model year.
Wow, you really do learn something every day. Looks like I fully gutted my downpipe thinking it was the second cat. No wonder Kimchi smells like a Harley now. I'm running a full on total catless straightpipe. Haha! Not getting any CELs (maybe bc tune?).

Thanks for letting me know that, TRDtoy. Well well well, guess I'll look for a catted DP or weld a cat in. Thanks y'all.

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Possibly no CEL due to tune, or a spacer under the rear O2 sensor, or you just gutted the rear cat in the DP which would also not throw a CEL.

You can buy a lower DP section with cats if needed. No need to hack up or weld anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely gutted all the way through.

Yeah, would that be the 845 catted DP? I think I'm gonna have to do that !

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Pierce lower DP section. Others make them as well but not great ones. Can also get another oem. You do not need a full DP unless going for more that 260 whp area and you need way more $/hp friendly mods before a full DP is needed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pierce lower DP section. Others make them as well but not great ones. Can also get another oem. You do not need a full DP unless going for more that 260 whp area and you need way more $/hp friendly mods before a full DP is needed.
This is the part you're referencing yeah?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts