Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Just got back from a 300 mile trip in the Hyundai. Was going a 'decent' speed for a few hours.. get out of the car and...

WTF the weather stripping on the rear spoiler is half pulled off the car! I will probably just carefully lay down a bead of silicone to patch it but seriously after only 9k Miles on the ODO parts are falling off the car???

Love my VT but I really hope I dont continue to have issues like this or I'm going to end up looking like a Honda Civic by the end of the year!!!!

Anyone else get this issue? Or just me?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think you mean, "like a scion tc..." with blue painter's tape holding on the back panel on the hatch.
LOL I've seen that a lot! Was wondering about that.

But yeah so far thats the only issue, but I really shoudnt have the car falling apart at less than 10k :[

·
Registered
686 Posts
haha, if scion has one huge flaw, it's that all the cars had the worst hatch handles, and they alwaaayys break off. the one on my xb broke 3 times :/

·
2,385 Posts
Ya got a pic of this incident? That sucks and I'd like to see what you're talking about, curious as where to check exactly!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya got a pic of this incident? That sucks and I'd like to see what you're talking about, curious as where to check exactly!
I had to pull the whole strip off as it was flapping in the wind down the highway... Just imagine all the weather stripping missing where the topmost rear window meets the spoiler

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Just went out and looked at mine.

I see what you're talking about.

It looks like it locks in there.

Maybe the spoiler has moved and now allows it to be released.

Definitely a warranty issue that Hyundai should fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts