Veloster Turbo Forum banner
301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
You know you drive a VT when people say "what rear door"!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You know you drive a Veloster Turbo when...

...your car is not stock, and you know who Bruce, Nate, and Bob are.
I know who Bruce, Nate is.....but am not familiar with Bob.

Reactions: silverberet

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
When people ask me what car I drive they either respond with dafakisthat or dude, that's a sweet ride. That or WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY AMERICAN?!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I buy one it will be TS or OW.

Waiting to see if RS comes out before making a decision.
To be completely open, It's not just because the color is an attention grabber. It's just that yellow (along with red) are the most commonly ticketed cars. It gets the attention of the wrong people if you know what i mean. I test drove a TS and had a trooper stalking me, lol.

But if the RS comes out, i will keep my ST AND get the RS. I want the RS in that green color you always see the RS500 in, or the slightly less common matte black.

·
Banned
7,352 Posts
To be completely open, It's not just because the color is an attention grabber. It's just that yellow (along with red) are the most commonly ticketed cars. It gets the attention of the wrong people if you know what i mean. I test drove a TS and had a trooper stalking me, lol.

But if the RS comes out, i will keep my ST AND get the RS. I want the RS in that green color you always see the RS500 in, or the slightly less common matte black.
I drive the brightest VT color VitaminC so I hear ya.

Definitely the green is my first choice. Didn't know matte black might be an option so it might take first choice. Lol

·
Banned
3,151 Posts
You know you drive a Veloster Turbo when.....

You find yourself driving three times the distance back to your house:

Just to avoid stop and go traffic,..because the route lets you open her up!

****Now you have discovered you have an OCD complex about your torque app and intake temps!!!!!:cool2:

I get cranky if my IATs go above 98.6 for any reason..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I drive the brightest VT color VitaminC so I hear ya.

Definitely the green is my first choice. Didn't know matte black might be an option so it might take first choice. Lol
I disagree with hemi. I dont think the RS will flop. Will it be a niche market? Yes. Will it be stickered at 45k? I doubt it, because most Ford sources say that pricing will start around 32k. So maybe a top trim model would sticker at around low 40-45k. That said, who pays sticker prices on ford? I bought my 2014 ST3 in august of 2013, and the car was built in late july of 2013. It had only been on the lot for about a week. The sticker price was 32k. I got it for 24k, not using any rebates or anything, just talked them down, and that in itself wasnt hard. So i would say a base model RS could easily be attainable for around 26k, while a top trim could be attainable at around 35k-ish.
Although that could have to do with the fact that at first, people didn't t understand what the ST is, salesman included. Most people just think it's a mildy sportier model, and at the end of the day, it's still "just a focus."
People might catch on by the time the RS hits the states(if it ever actually does.) people might realize that they are not normal cars. Maybe they will realize that when the ST is able to hang dead even with evos, STI's, and even 370z's from a roll, that surely the RS must be a monster, especially if it has AWD. I could see an RS sitting in a dealership showroom next to a shelby GT, demanding a premium price. But let's hope not.
If the rumors are true, the RS will be a regular STI killer, and faster than the ecoboost mustang (which the numbers have just been released for. it's 0-60 times are identical to the ST.)

·
Registered
272 Posts
You know you drive a Veloster Turbo when...

you just detailed your car, decide to have some fun on some curvy/hilly roads, get home and the back of your car is "sooty"

lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you choose an R-Spec over an auto w/seat warmers and navigation.* :)

When bluetooth doesn't like you switching songs so fast and disconnects your phone.

When you realize that you get more thumbs up and good looks at your VT than bad looks and thumbs down for the ricer behind youu.

When people look at your car more than when an STI revs his engine.

When you hate hearing when people say Hyundai isn't brand name.

Reactions: markellos

·
Registered
30 Posts
When you choose an R-Spec over an auto w/seat warmers and navigation.* :)

When bluetooth doesn't like you switching songs so fast and disconnects your phone.

When you realize that you get more thumbs up and good looks at your VT than bad looks and thumbs down for the ricer behind youu.

When people look at your car more than when an STI revs his engine.

When you hate hearing when people say Hyundai isn't brand name.
Aren't you just a rockstar? Lol

Sent from sputnik #534

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can say that...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,217 Posts
Amber Orange Plant Yellow Font

• Haha