Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched the forums a bit and couldn't find a thread about it.

I did a bit of calculating to determine the 0-60 time. According to various "auto testers" the times average at about 7.5-7.9. However, a few sources claim 6.5-6.9; that sounds more like it. Using a 0-60 calculator, 0-60 mph Calculator for Cars, the time when calculating with the BHP is 6.737 seconds. That is somewhere along the optimistic acceleration claims. However, when using the WHP, the time is between 7.2-7.9.

Has anybody actually timed their 0-60 acceleration? What about after bolt-ons? Tunes?

Just for comparison; when using the calculator to approximate my 55 AMG 0-60, these were the results:
BHP - 4.345 (similar to the more optimistic times)
*Estimated WHP - 4.992 (similar to the conservative times)
(So which figure is more accurate for estimating 0-60 times? Or is it somewhere in the middle of the spectrum?)

Edit: Also, will a mod or someone let me know if this is the right thread to post this in? I was debating between here and under General Discussion.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Searched the forums a bit and couldn't find a thread about it.

To begin with, my first car was a 1997 Toyota Celica, and man was that thing slow! I then got a SLK55 AMG. Talk about a jump. Then my first year in college it was time to replace the daily driver Celica. I wanted something unique; something pretty fast but still got good gas mileage. From Camaros to Wranglers to 500 Abarths to Focus STs to Jukes, I finally decided on the Veloster Turbo. I absolutely love it. Not quite as great as instant power on tap like the 55 AMG, but hopefully future performance upgrades will change that.

I did a bit of calculating to determine the 0-60 time. According to various "auto testers" the times average at about 7.5-7.9. However, a few sources claim 6.5-6.9; that sounds more like it. Using a 0-60 calculator, 0-60 mph Calculator for Cars, the time when calculating with the BHP is 6.737 seconds. That is somewhere along the optimistic acceleration claims. However, when using the WHP, the time is between 7.2-7.9.

Has anybody actually timed their 0-60 acceleration? What about after bolt-ons? Tunes?

Just for comparison; when using the calculator to approximate my 55 AMG 0-60, these were the results:
BHP - 4.345 (similar to the more optimistic times)
*Estimated WHP - 4.992 (similar to the conservative times)

Edit: Also, will a mod or someone let me know if this is the right thread to post this in? I was debating between here and under General Discussion.
I got 7.043 stock at 1500 miles on the odometer. Now if that is 100% accurate, well I idk lol.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Best I pulled with the 6MT was 6.2 sec 0-60 via the Torque App. This was with Solo Cat Back Exhaust w/straight pipe and Injen SRI.

When my car was STOCK, I was pulling a 15.0 flat 1/4. Have yet to try again after the installation of my current mods.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got a 6.9 the other day with my A/T VT. That was with me hitting the stopwatch as I drove. LOL

All I have done is the DIY short ram where I replaced the stock airbox with a filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts